Flicker on screen while playing games

G

I have researched this and have not found a solution that has worked for me yet - hoping someone here has something I can try.

While playing Battlefield BC2 every so often my screen flickers for 2-8 seconds. It happens every 30 minutes or so. I recently upgraded to the following:

AMD Phenom II X4 810 Deneb 2.6GHz (stock heatsink)
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3
GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3 AM3 AMD 770
Windows 7 - 64bit
Reusing:
BFG GeForce GTX 260 Video Card - 896MB GDDR3
ENERMAX Liberty ELT620AWT 620W ATX12V
2 x Antec 75003 120mm Case Fan

I have installed a CPU temp software to monitor temp, never gets above 50c. I have also opened up the case to make sure heat is not the issue....I don't think it is. All the fans are spinning, and the GPU fan is as well.

I am running dual monitors - I uninstalled one of them in Windows and turned it off, still have the problem.

I have installed the latest NVIDIA drivers.

In the previous machine - I was using XP, and the same card and PSU, never had this problem. Which is why I don't think it is a PSU problem (not getting enough power). The mobo DOES have 1 extra socket for power compared to my old ASUS board.

I'm thinking this is a software issue - but not really sure. The MOH 2010 Beta also ran a little sluggish - but I don't remember the flickering.

I will try any suggestions - thanks in advance.

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
I'm pretty sure this is a Driver problem.

Try using an older set of drivers that have been proven stable with that game. Be sure to use Driversweeper first to remove the drivers you currently have installed before installing any others.

G

would you mind linking the exact program "driversweeper" - i looked and there seems to be lots of them out there. thanks.,