Sign in with
Your question

Build advice please

Last response: in Systems
December 10, 2010 12:49:56 AM

Case: Xion Predator 970 Gaming Series Mid Tower Case w/ 2 External Removable HDD Bays
Internal USB Extension Module: None
Neon Light Upgrade: None
Extra Case Fan Upgrade: Default case fans
Noise Reduction Technology: None
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-760 2.80 GHz 8M Intel Smart Cache LGA1156
Freebies: None
Venom Boost Fast And Efficient Factory Overclocking: No Overclocking
Cooling Fan: NZXT Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA)
Motherboard: [CrossFireX/SLI] Asus P7P55D-E Pro Intel P55 Express Chipset DDR3 LGA1156 ATX Mainboard w/ 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, IEEE1394, USB3.0, SATA-III, RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 3 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI [+96]
Motherboard Expansion Card: None
Memory: 4GB (2GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module (Corsair or Major Brand)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 1GB 16X PCIe Video Card [+140] (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)
Multiple Video Card Settings: Non-SLI/Non-CrossFireX Mode Supports Multiple Monitors
Power Supply Upgrade: 800 Watts - XtremeGear Gaming Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready [+63]
Hard Drive: 500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Hard Drive)

for gaming...price for this build is just over 1000$ on cyberpower. do i have any conflicts here?

i was hoping to get a similar build to this for cheaper...any advice on some cheaper components? the SLI motherboard added over 100$, do i have to have SLI if i want to go dual graphics cards in the future? and is going up to i7 processor worth it? or maybe a different i5? any advice would be much appreciated since this is my first time building a pc like this, always just purchased from best buy before.

More about : build advice

December 10, 2010 12:58:45 AM

basically im wanting to have a setup that i can expand on for years to come, without breaking the bank right now. im on a budget. i just need the groundwork put in for future growth of the system. and to make sure everything is compatible.
m
l
December 14, 2010 6:54:58 PM

the i5 is plenty fast enough. Yes you do need a Crossfire/SLI motherboard if you want to run dual graphics cards in the future. Looks like a solid build. Compatibility issues will be Cyberpower's responsibility. A cheaper way is to build it yourself but that is up to you. You may want to check out www.digitalstormonline.com

They have a special now where they will overclock your processor and graphics card for free and take an additional 5% off at checkout.
m
l
!