Sign in with
Your question

Corsair 600T Front Panel Audio AC'97

Last response: in Components
March 7, 2011 12:39:49 AM

So I recently built a system inside of A Corsair 600T, and foolishly decided that because I didn't need the AC'97 audio port attatched to the HD front panel audio I cut the AC'97 extension off and now I am not recieving the same audio I was before I did this. I was wondering what the main cause of audio loss was because I've heard that it would be ok to do this in some builds. Or was it completely my fault for cutting it off and would have continued to work had I not done that.

Also what are my options now? Do I have to buy an entire new case just to have front panel audio? Is there a method to splice all of these cables back together to get it working again?

It's not that big of a deal, just a slight inconvenience.

Thanks for any help in advance! :D 
March 19, 2011 7:31:48 AM

Wait, what do you mean about 900? is that the series of an antec case or something? Would I need to purchase this and take the front panel audio/headphone jacks off and reattach them to my front panel assembly? o.o
m
l
Related resources
March 22, 2011 8:45:28 PM

RhinoShock said:
Wait, what do you mean about 900? is that the series of an antec case or something? Would I need to purchase this and take the front panel audio/headphone jacks off and reattach them to my front panel assembly? o.o

yes
m
l
April 29, 2011 7:20:33 AM

Well, I ended up contacting corsair over the issue I was having and they did confirm that it breaks the front panel audio if you cut the extension off. After several e-mails with their customer support, a representative told me I could not RMA the case, but I didn't want to do that anyways because it would be a HUGE hassle to take apart my computer just for the audio. He told me he could however send me a replacement top panel to the 600T, that has the correct front panel assembly I needed, and that was actually pretty easy to install. First Thing I did was cable tie the AC'97 extension to the HD audio when it came. I'm extremely pleased with corsair and their ability to keep me happy even after I messed up my own case. I highly recommend corsair to anyone who is interested in their products. :D 
m
l
!