Dual monitor SLI

Hello to fellow members, I just joined site on the recommendation of my buddy, I am glad that he sent me here. I just bought two Asus GTX 480s that I plan to SLI. I also have two 22 inch monitors that I want to use. Is it possible to run a dual monitor setup while in SLI mode? Thanks again, nice to be apart of this community.
18 answers Last reply
More about dual monitor
  1. I might be wrong as I haven't used SLI/Crossfire personally, but I believe all the displays work as long as they're connected to the primary video card.
  2. Of course you can use 2 monitors. Only 1 will be for gaming though.
  3. Petey, so what you are saying is, when I'm gaming, only one monitor will display the game? Why wouldn't both monitors display the game? Thank you guys for the replies.
  4. Scrub that, Surround vision does not support a two display config.
  5. Follow mousemonkey lead, if you want dual monitors for gaming you would need ATI eyefinity.
  6. According to what I can glean from the Nvidia site you can game on either one screen or spread over three screens but not two. If anybody wants to send me a couple of 4xx cards I'm quite happy to experiment for them though. :D
  7. Mousemonkey said:
    According to what I can glean from the Nvidia site you can game on either one screen or spread over three screens but not two. If anybody wants to send me a couple of 4xx cards I'm quite happy to experiment for them though. :D

Thanks mousemonkey, very helpful info.
  8. Mousemonkey said:
    According to what I can glean from the Nvidia site you can game on either one screen or spread over three screens but not two. If anybody wants to send me a couple of 4xx cards I'm quite happy to experiment for them though. :D

I have the opposite problem, I have two 5850s but only one monitor to test out ATIs multi-monitor gaming(eyefinity)
  9. deweycd said:
    Follow mousemonkey lead, if you want dual monitors for gaming you would need ATI eyefinity.

Okay thanks. I used to have a set of 5870s in tri-fire that I ran with eyefinity but, I didn't care for ATI's drivers so, I sold that gaming rig.
  10. I guess you might just have to go with Tri-Monitor instead of Dual-Monitor.
  11. @deweycd, lol, I think if I spend any more money, the wifey will kill me. over $800 in graphics cards last week and, a $200 SSD yesterday. If I bought a third monitor, she would most likely divorce me. lol!
  12. Who can argue with valid reasons to upgrade??
  13. Quote:
    the monitor or the wife..? ;)

:lol:
  14. Quote:
    the monitor or the wife..? ;)

I knew I should of stayed single :D You guys have been a big help. After coming off an ATI setup, all the Nvidia stuff is new to me. :o
  15. The plus point with the Nvidia setup and three screens is that you won't need to mess around with DP adapters, just plug your DVI's in and go!
  16. As I understand it, Nvidia sli will support dual monitors if the game is multi monitor aware like FSX.

If a game can run in windowed mode, could you not extend it across two monitors?
  17. If it is a strategy game, perhaps not much is needed. For a fast action shooter, then much more will be needed.
    Two 1080P monitors is about 4million pixels to manage. That is just about what a 30" 2560 x 1600 monitor has, and we know that it takes something strong to manage that with top frame rates. Three such monitors will be half again more!
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Dual Monitors SLI Graphics