Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Do the insulators go on top or on the bottom of motherboard screws

Last response: in Systems
December 10, 2010 1:26:08 PM

:hello:  I am building a new rig (MY FIRST)and want to make sure everything goes together properly. Antec DF-85 chassis Asus Rampage 3 Extreme mobo 12gb Gskill ddr3 2000 mhz ram Thermaltake 1200 w PSU Noctua D-14 CPU cooler for i7 950 and 3 way sli Asus gtx 570.I powered it up but will not go to BIOS the board lights up and all the fans work fine. I was read that the board might not be grounded so I wondered if the insulators for the motherboard to chassis went on top or bottom of the mobo/ or maybe some other problem? PLEASE HELP

More about : insulators top bottom motherboard screws

Best solution

December 10, 2010 1:57:10 PM

Hey a congrats on undertaking a pc build and welcome to the builders world. To answer your question, the insulators or stand offs are mounted under the motherboard in the tray on your case, then the mounting screws go through the holes in your motherboard into the stand offs. As for the issues with it not posting to bios, I am more of a hardware guy and will leave that to the software gurus.
Related resources
December 10, 2010 4:39:54 PM

Third Darkness said:
Hey a congrats on undertaking a pc build and welcome to the builders world. To answer your question, the insulators or stand offs are mounted under the motherboard in the tray on your case, then the mounting screws go through the holes in your motherboard into the stand offs. As for the issues with it not posting to bios, I am more of a hardware guy and will leave that to the software gurus.

Thanks for the info Third Darkness I guess I had it right to begin with but it never hurts to make sure.
Hopefully I'll get this rig booted up to BIOS soon so I can play some games.
m
l
December 17, 2010 2:23:02 PM

Best answer selected by kustommustang460.
m
l
!