Adjust Image Size and Position...

nickpdx

Distinguished
May 3, 2009
I have a 52" Toshiba LCD HDTV that has a bad panel. It used to be my living room TV but I have now replaced it. I have retired it to the office and have it hooked up as a dual monitor setup using a DVI to HDMI connection.

The reason that the TV was retired is because there is about a 6" section on the left side of the screen that has vertical bands of color covering the screen. I was hoping that I would be able to adjust the image size and position on that screen to just not use the left side of the screen that is going bad. I have not been able to find a place that will allow this sort of control over the image. I have only been able to adjust the image resolution and the overscan using CCC which only allows a 15% underscan.

Hopefully somebody knows of a method to make this work. Maybe additional software?

System info:
Windows 7 x64
2x ATI HD 4770
ATI Catalyst Control Center v.2010.0706.2128.36662

Thanks for any and all help!

Actually others faced a problem like this when they had a black boundary about 6 inches thick around the picture.
So I guess we just have to redo the problem, instead of using an HDMI cable try using a VGA cable.
I think that should work pretty neat in your case....
Or if you have the DVI to RGB adapter, That would work just as well, I don't really think you can have just 6" from the left blanked out and still get the whole picture , it'll look pretty much distorted even if it did come on and it's be a strain to the eye having it blank on just one side and not the other, a little symmetry will do wonders, even to a bad monitor..... :)

When connected with VGA(D-SUB)i can only get about 1cm off the one side by shrinking it as much as i can then sliding it over. The screen is only 24iches, but I think it will be hard to get 6 inches off the edge.

But yeah, for sure try analog vga in if you can.