Could Fuzion end XFire compatability issues?

cnox

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2008
I have been very depressed as of late with all the reviews about how nvidia and ati having their different problems with multi gpu configurations...and how gamers are pissed because it takes drivers weeks or longer to catch up with the latest games so that you can actually USE your multi gpus..

Then I found out about Fuzion:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130297&cm_re=870A-_-13-130-297-_-Product

According to what I've read, the Lucid Hydra chip on this board loadbalances multigpu load between any gpu. Even 4800 and 5800 series cards. That's pretty amazing, and I would guess if you were playing a dx11 game it would just only use the 5800 series, but does ANYONE have any experience running one of these Fuzion boards with 5800s that bypass allt he XFire configuration hassles (application profiles, the bridge, etc)?

I'm really interested in hearing stories. I am totally ready to swap out my mainboard for one of these boards if it means XFire will work seamlessly.

cnox

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2008
I did, I read that and others, and I think to some extent they miss the point: They seem to be wanting more performacne than native xfire/sli, but my point is that you don't need any special configs or driver patches on a game by game basis.

We don't need this for our multi-core cpus. Could you imagine having a separate cpu profile for each game you play? It's absurd. This hydra thing seems to be the ticket, even if ti's not great now, I'm interested in anyone who used it on their system just to get around the xfire sli configuration issues and to go with this solution...