Sign in with
Your question

Please comment on new build

Last response: in Systems
December 10, 2010 3:13:22 PM

Hello all,

First time poster here, and was wondering if you guys can give comments/spot incompatibilities, will be very much appreciated!

MOBO - ASUS P7P55D (One of the versions, maybe P7P44D-E LX, can't remember exactly which one, but it supports Crossfire and 2xUSB 3.0, if this helps narrow it down at all)

CPU - i7 870

RAM - A-DATA DDR3 4GB 1333Mhz x2

GPU - Gigabyte GTX 460 S.O.C

OCZ Vertex 2 120GB (for OS) plus 1TB WD HDD 7,200rpm

PSU - Basic Cooler Master one, 600W

LG Bluray combo drive

Case - one of the basic Cooler Master ones, can't remember which one exactly, probably 334. Will have additional fan to suck in air from the side.

Price - USD$1,400

So what do you guys think? Anything sticks out as being odd? Will appreciate all comments :)  Thanks!

More about : comment build

December 10, 2010 3:24:36 PM

Quote:
Anything sticks out as being odd? Will appreciate all comments

In order to comment on that best elaborate main task of rig hehe
m
l
December 10, 2010 3:39:38 PM

If you are planning on 2x GeForce GTX 460's in SLI config. in the future then I'd say you're good.
m
l
Related resources
December 10, 2010 11:56:13 PM

batuchka said:
Quote:
Anything sticks out as being odd? Will appreciate all comments

In order to comment on that best elaborate main task of rig hehe

True that hehe sorry

Well it's basically for gaming, nothing too hardcore yet (no Crysis :p ), just some hl2, css, l4d. And as Bloodymoth has pointed out, I'm giving myself room and semi-future-proofing it so I can do a 460 SLI.

Is $1,400 a rip off here? I was going to invest more into cooling, but figured if I'm given an extra fan for free (so 2 fans along with the one comes with the case) and the Gigabyte 460 SOC is supposed to be quite cool I didn't need to put in a lot of money into this area (better case and better PSU). Maybe need to do some more in this area if I do a SLI though.

Thanks for your comments! Keep them coming :D 
m
l
December 11, 2010 4:49:40 AM

Quote:
Well it's basically for gaming

What $743 can get ya :p 
$573 off Egg

$170 off Microcenter (965BE + MSI 785G-E53)
http://www.microcenter.com/specials/promotions/AMDbundl...

Alternatively u could play the waiting game by holding out on a discrete GPU purchase i.e have a workable rig with that IGP on the 785G and await the much anticipated high end GPU price wars once HD 6950/6970 are out hehe
m
l
!