does glory device cause distress call

No.

"Mark" <m.tinnemans@bcsroermond.nl> wrote in message
news:40c71789$0$238$4a441750@news.wanadoo.nl...
> Does a popping glory device generate a distress call?
>
> Mark.

mark

Great. Actually, I think none of the Klingon ships should send a distress
call; this is not like them at all: They would go down fighting and not
whining about being defeated.

Thanks for the reply,
Mark.

"Seann" <smcpherson75@hotmail.ca> wrote in news:CLExc.2402$2ko.1128
@news04.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com:

> No.

> Great. Actually, I think none of the Klingon ships should send a distress
> call; this is not like them at all: They would go down fighting and not
> whining about being defeated.

On the other hand the Klingons are a warrior race and NOT stupid. I'm
pretty sure they would at least INFORM their leaders that they are about
to die as heroes. Just in case they don't take the _whole_ enemy with
them.

Kero

>> Great. Actually, I think none of the Klingon ships should send a distress
>> call; this is not like them at all: They would go down fighting and not
>> whining about being defeated.
>
> On the other hand the Klingons are a warrior race and NOT stupid. I'm
> pretty sure they would at least INFORM their leaders that they are about
> to die as heroes. Just in case they don't take the _whole_ enemy with
> them.

Oh, they do.

Oddly, the explosion of the GD is not noticed anywhere in the galaxy, it
seems. That's not what I expected when I used a carefully crafted name on
the GD to confuse my enemies :)

wanna keep developing software?
http://EuropeSwPatentFree.internautas.org/

+--- Kero ----------------------- kero@chello@nl ---+
| all the meaningless and empty words I spoke |
| Promises -- The Cranberries |
+--- M38c --- http://httpd.chello.nl/k.vangelder ---+

Op 2004-06-09, Sascha Rambeaud schreef <fela@Mathematik.Uni-Marburg.de>:
> On the other hand the Klingons are a warrior race and NOT stupid. I'm
> pretty sure they would at least INFORM their leaders that they are about
> to die as heroes. Just in case they don't take the _whole_ enemy with
> them.

And they want their families to get the respect due for relatives of
fallen war heroes. Maybe a posthume medal of honor.

Crew of Glory Devices are part of KFC (Klingon FBI & CIA). Sending a
message home would warn enemy ships, giving them a chance to
escape. These Secret Ops officers are by default assumed to have died
as war heroes. That makes it easy to enlist new Klingons. ;-)

--
Maurits van Rees | planets.maurits@xs4all.nl
http://maurits.vanrees.org/ [Dutch/Nederlands]

Maurits van Rees wrote:
> Op 2004-06-09, Sascha Rambeaud schreef <fela@Mathematik.Uni-Marburg.de>:
>
>>On the other hand the Klingons are a warrior race and NOT stupid. I'm
>>pretty sure they would at least INFORM their leaders that they are about
>>to die as heroes. Just in case they don't take the _whole_ enemy with
>>them.
>
> And they want their families to get the respect due for relatives of
> fallen war heroes. Maybe a posthume medal of honor.
>
> Crew of Glory Devices are part of KFC (Klingon FBI & CIA). Sending a
> message home would warn enemy ships, giving them a chance to
> escape. These Secret Ops officers are by default assumed to have died
> as war heroes. That makes it easy to enlist new Klingons. ;-)

No, they are of course regular troops. Comparable with the U-boot-Fahrer in
WW2 on Earth, Human History. They have to earn their medals with scaring ships
away and killing small planets. But as it is counted a special honour to hunt
down other ships with one big boom, they don't have problems with enlistment,
never.
Actually we should have an addon where you can predefine some curses a dying
klingon ships commander sends to the enemy ship - and only this ship/race.

The Klingons are not only a warrior race, but a fierce warrior race. That
makes them a little bit stupid. I think our Klingon tribes stem from the
Klingons around "The undiscovered country." in Star Trek. You know,
Shakespeare is best read in the Klingon original. AND our people need room ;)

Krischan