Need to know which is better

Fenixx

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2011
I got a computer kit and the case came with a PSU. I'm noticing issues already with it since it doesn't have a 6 pin connector for the graphics card and I don't have an adaptor for it. So I'm wondering if I should swap it out with the one in my current system which does have all the connectors I would need. Here's some info about the two of them...

This is the one I've been using for awhile in my current computer:
http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/product.php?product_id=2745

The PSU that came with the case, I can't find any official listing for it anywhere so this is the information off of the side panel:
Extreme ATX 450w Model# RSY-645
+3.3V 20A +5V 24A +12V 25A -12V 0.8A +5VSB 2A +3.3V&+5V 160w

The other system specs are...
CPU: AMD Phenom X4 9750
GPU: Geforce 8800GT 512MB
Memory: 2GB DDR2
It will also have one hard drive and one disk drive.

Basically I'm just wanting to know if my current PSU will be able to handle the required amperage and stuff of the new components. I don't know if the +12V1 and +12V2 get added together to make 32A. I really haven't taken the time to learn that stuff yet =P So some advice on that would be greatly appreciated.

On a side note, I noticed on the new motherboard I got that it has the regular 24 pin connector but it also has a 4 pin connector up next to the processor socket. Am I required to plug into that as well? If so, I'm not sure if the wires are going to be long enough...

Bigmac80

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2011
Just don't go cheap on your power supply. Its one of the most important components in your system. Corsair, Seasonic, Antec, Enermax, xfx, pc power and cooling are the brands i'd recommend. Make sure it's 80plus bronze, silver or gold certified.