DSL connection is down but wireless is working

Hello,
I was wondering if you can help me. Suddenly this morning i got this message when i was going to the internet: Pipex Router Thomson TG585V7 no connected your DLS, connection is down, verify your pipex router is currently to your DSL Line.

THe thing is that the wireless connection works, i mean i am connected to the internet but cant navigate. Please any help i am newbie?

Cheers
3 answers Last reply
More about connection wireless working
  1. You may be getting your terms confused. Confirm that you are connected to the router by wireless, but the internet isn't working.

It sounds as if this is a line problem (incoming feed from supplier is failing somewhere between them and your home). Nevertheless check the connections indoors -- test the line with a telephone, for example.
  2. Quote:
    Hello,
    I was wondering if you can help me. Suddenly this morning i got this message when i was going to the internet: Pipex Router Thomson TG585V7 no connected your DLS, connection is down, verify your pipex router is currently to your DSL Line.

THe thing is that the wireless connection works, i mean i am connected to the internet but cant navigate. Please any help i am newbie?

Cheers

Also, if you check Internet Explorer's File menu you'll probably see a tick beside Work Offline meaning the page you can see is an historic one you last used. It's standing still because it can't refresh until the MODEM reconnects. Are you in the UK using Pipex?

3. Sometimes all you have to do is cycle power to the cable or dsl modem. It will reset and reconnect.
Ask a new question

Read More

Connectivity Wireless Routers Connection DSL Internet Wireless Networking