AMD bundle help

ripjaw

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
ok guys...heres the situation.....i need a gaming rig with the best value for money.....it will be with me till ivy bridge comes out.....that will be like q1 2012.....but i might still keep the rig for little usage....
gpu to be used is gtx460 768mb or 6850
4gb ddr3 ram
max res would not be more than 1600x900

heres a link to amd bundle deals http://www.microcenter.com/specials/promotions/AMDbundlePROMO.html
sugest me the best deal under 100$ and with free motherboard......also consider the core unlocking thing plz.......my choice was phenom x4 840 with the asus board....but what do u pros say?

heres another deal, athlon x2 250 with biostar A780L3G mb......this was for 58$......is saving 40$ worth it on this bundle and can i unlock cores with this??

and one last thing, r the new sata3 hddz any good.....i mean how r they compared to the sata2......??

The 840 is rerally an athlon not a phenom as there is no l3 cache (its still a god option at the price though). There is nothing to unlock on an athlon x2 as they are made with only 2 cores. Athlon x3s Phenom x2s & x3s can sometimes unlock cores. If you want to gamble on unlocked cores get the phenom x 2 if not get the phenom 840 x4 evn though bits really an Athlon. As for SATA 3 only the fastest SSDs can take advantage of it.