HWMontitor TMPIN0 and TMPIN1

ATLmember

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
Two weeks ago I built a computer with a GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD3 motherboard. I was playing a game of Call of Duty Black ops for 30 - 60 minutes today and I was monitoring temps, which have always looked very reasonable, and I looked at the TMPIN0 and TMPIN1 sensors and they both showed the max temp being 104 C! I opened up the machine to see if anything was on fire and nothing on the motherboard seemed too hot. I played a little more again to see if the same thing happened and it didn't. What's the problem here? Do these sensors work and if they do, what are they? because I've heard reports that they don't, but if they are working I think I've got a big issue. Thanks

heatl.png

ATLmember

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
I've been having a lot of weird inconsistent monitoring issues with HWmonitor and I think it may be a driver thing because some stuff changes every time I launch the program. the computer is new so I think I'll do a clean install, still, I could use some advice.

Hwmonitor is a 3rd party program so the sensors may not be read to what they really correspond to. You could try a bios update, usually hwmon updates to have correct readings for the latest bios. But even then you can search the forum or google, hwmon can't get every single mobo right from every single manufacturer, there are millions of combinations. If in doubt check your mobo's software, easytune6.

Really other than core, hdd, gpu temp, you can ignore everything else.

ATLmember

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011

Thanks for the reply, that's really reassuring, like I said I'd had some driver issues so I actually did a restore, and I tried playing blops and couldn't replicate the issue, in fact the parts only rose 1 degree in my later tests, so I'm 99% sure it's software.