Which Graphics Card and PSU for XPS 8000

I'm thinking of buying GTA IV for my PC and playing it from time to time.

My graphics card is a weak HD 4350 with an even weaker 350W power supply, all snuggle in a XPS 8000 i7 PC.

In my previous thread, people recommended that I get a powersupply but, I'm not satisfied in the terms of which PSU and graphics card I should buy.

Apparently, the PSU sits in a very tight area within the machine, so I need someone point me in the right direction for which PSU to get and which graphics.
answers
Last reply
More about which graphics card 8000
  1. It looks like a normal sized psu to me, How much do you want to spend and then i can help you.
  2. Once again, if you're only looking to upgrade to a 5770 you don't need to replace the psu.
    You can use pretty much any standard ATX power supply, just don't want one that's too long.
    150-160 mm will work fine, Antec, Corsair or OCZ if on a budget.
    As for the card, what do you want to be able to do ?
  3. delluser1 said:
    Once again, if you're only looking to upgrade to a 5770 you don't need to replace the psu.
    You can use pretty much any standard ATX power supply, just don't want one that's too long.
    150-160 mm will work fine, Antec, Corsair or OCZ if on a budget.
    As for the card, what do you want to be able to do ?

a 5770 on a dell 350 stock watt psu, Lol i wouldn't do that there psu are cheap allready. Can't handle it system will loose stabilty
  4. delluser,

I checked the System requirements for the 5770 and it clearly states that it should have at least a 450W PSU.....

As for the card, I want to play games like GTA IV and maybe Modern Warfare....

Now all I need to do is narrow it down to a specific PSU, perhaps a thermaltake 450 because I saw a video on youtube, someone upgrading their 350W psu to a 450 Thermaltake. But I don't know which PSU it is...

Here is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tm622bVMbo

So yeah - Which one shall I buy?
  5. cia24 said:
    a 5770 on a dell 350 stock watt psu, Lol i wouldn't do that there psu are cheap allready. Can't handle it system will loose stabilty

Expected from a noob.
  6. UsSy said:
    delluser,

I checked the System requirements for the 5770 and it clearly states that it should have at least a 450W PSU.....

As for the card, I want to play games like GTA IV and maybe Modern Warfare....

Now all I need to do is narrow it down to a specific PSU, perhaps a thermaltake 450 because I saw a video on youtube, someone upgrading their 350W psu to a 450 Thermaltake. But I don't know which PSU it is...

Here is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tm622bVMbo

So yeah - Which one shall I buy?

Yes, I realize that graphics card manufacturers provide higher power reccomendations than what is actually needed, it's your money.
    Low end Thermaltakes are generally garbage, stick with names like Corsair and Antec.
  7. delluser1 said:
    Expected from a noob.

Lol you scum. Really your help is useless to people. stock dell psu are trash and that 350 will have issues running at i7 system and a 5770 while gaming.
  8. cia24 said:
    Lol you scum. Really your help is useless to people. stock dell psu are trash and that 350 will have issues running at i7 system and a 5770 while gaming.

Yep, gotta love noobs.
  9. delluser1 said:
    Yep, gotta love noobs.

Yep, gotta love scum that collect a unemployment check and sit at home and think dell is a good companey anymore.
  10. Hey asshole, I'm retired.
    I don't think Dell is a good company.
    I do know about PC power consumption.
    Get a clue.
  11. delluser1 said:
    Hey asshole, I'm retired.
    I don't think Dell is a good company.
    I do know about PC power consumption.
    Get a clue.

Lol, how do you retire off of welfare checks, This is what i want to know Mr. Expert.

and i7 and 5770 will tax an unefficent 350 watt oem psu, Provide me proof that it wont. k Thx Bye
  12. Wow, more immature with every post.
    I've already gone beyond my usual, so I'll say it again and leave it at that;
    Gotta love the noobs.
  13. delluser1 said:
    Wow, more immature with every post.
    I've already gone beyond my usual, so I'll say it again and leave it at that;
    Gotta love the noobs.

With every post you evade my question. show me proof that a stock 350 watt oem junk psu can handel a i7 and a 5770 with no issue.
  14. i already ran into this idiot its not worth it user

noob will be a noob till he sees past his own nose and get over that arrogance
  15. obsidian86 said:
    i already ran into this idiot its not worth it user

noob will be a noob till he sees past his own nose and get over that arrogance

Yeah well then you explane how a stock oem 350 watt psu can handel a i7 and 5770 in games and not have issues
  16. I'm quite new to this forum...*Points to my rank*

And already I've seeing the inevitable arguments on the internet.

All I wanted was some professional advice.

Thanks delluser1 and obsidian86 for your comments and help!

Back to the issue.............

I'll try to get a Antec then - I'm definitely going to purchase a new PSU simply because I might upgrade in the future....And besdies, 350W is just, you'know...Silly.

delluser1, Do you have any specific PSU in mind? I think i'll settle for a 500W..What you think?

UsSy~
  17. UsSy said:

I'll try to get a Antec then - I'm definitely going to purchase a new PSU simply because I might upgrade in the future....And besdies, 350W is just, you'know...Silly.

delluser1, Do you have any specific PSU in mind? I think i'll settle for a 500W..What you think?

UsSy~

This is a good excuse to upgrade, but it helps to know what you might want to upgrade to.

Again, I like Antec and Corsair

Antec
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371007

Corsair
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139018
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies XPS Graphics Cards Components Product