Monitor doesn't show anything

medius

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2011
Hello,
I've just discovered my PC "working", but with nothing on the monitor. I've left it working and went to do some stuff for about an hour. After i came back the PC was still on but the monitor wasn't shownig anything.
I've tried on-ing and off-ing the PC several times but nothing happened. I opened the PC box and turned the PC on again. I've discovered that the CPU fan doesn't move. It makes a small move at turning the PC on but then freezes again. The same thing happens when i turn the PC off.
Then i changed the power supply plug and the fan started working. I've turned on and off the PC several times since then, but the monitor stays black.

I thought this kind of behavior could show a problem with the video card, but the fan of the VC is working - i don't see any damage there.

I opened the CPU boxing and didn't find any signs of a "burned" material on CPU or surroundings. The motherboard seems to be working also.

Don't know how i can find the reason for the "black monitor" - where should i start.

Any suggestions appreciated! :(

Thanks in advance!

Hello, and welcome to THG.

Have heard this many times. Many issues with this as well. For me, I would check all connections. Also, with the power issue,( CPU fan issue/having to change PSU connector), seems like you may have a dying PSU on your hands. I would wait for another pro to have you helped as this may be a security deal for your computer.

Your monitor, on the other hand, may need to be checked...as in to see if the VGA/DVI/HDMI connector is all the way in and connected properly.

TRENDING THREADS