AMI BIOS: Voltage Value Question

Digger1

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2011
I know this is a very basic question, but I've searched everywhere without success trying to find an answer for it.

Here is a shot taken of the "Ai Tweaker" page of the AMI BIOS for my Asus P6X58D Premium motherboard:

AiTweaker-BIOSPageE.jpg

Am I to assume, from the information on this screen, that the BIOS has set the DRAM Bus Voltage to 1.50v?

I realize that I could use other software to get this answer, but I have not yet loaded my OS (I'm planning on using only one OS on this machine, Debian stable - and I'm still researching how I want to partition and format my 128GB SSD).

Not sure if this is important, but I've not changed any of the settings on the "Ai Tweaker" page from their default values (in particular, the "Ai Overclock Tuner" parameter is still set to "Auto").

Your ram voltage should be displayed in the hardware monitor section of the bios. To partition your ssd, try to find some software from the ssd manufacturer that will work with debian stable. I use maxblast 5.0 a large file free to download that works with seagate and maxtor drives. I generally clone my old drive to the new ssd, disconnect the old drive, and boot up to the ssd. Then windows 7 will detect the old drive when you connect it while running windows in achi mode and set it up as a secondary drive.

Digger1

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2011

o1,

Thanks for your expert advice.

Well, I fiddled with the "Hardware Monitor" page" for the better part of an hour....

HardwareMonitor-BIOSPageE.jpg

and I never could find where the RAM voltage was. This is an Asus P6X58D Premium motherboard, with the 1501 BIOS loaded.

Any other ideas, anyone?

And, I can't find anything from Crucial for Linux. Sigh.....I guess these little difficulties are the price one has to pay for throwing off the Windows yoke.....

I would check craigslist for an unopened copy of windows 7 pro or ultimate; sometimes you can get them for $70. Windows 7 is much easier to work with than the linux operating systems. I would get it simply for directx10 and 11 support. The graphics are much nicer for gaming and anything else.

Digger1

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2011

o1,

Once again, thanks for your input. However, your suggestion suggests a discussion that has been had many, many times and is more appropriate for another thread.

Does anyone else have answer to my question as posed in the OP (in bold)?