How to turn on Wireless on Emachines E627

My Windows 7 Home Premium Emachines E627 Laptop Wireless mode won't work, the button switch only shows off mode. I try to go into networking and it only shows that it is in Ethernet Cable mode and can only change to dialup mode. I can't find any way to get it back to wireless mode.
It used to go back if I restarted the computer, but won't do that now.
4 answers Last reply
More about turn wireless emachines e627
  1. Check Windows Control Panel, System, Hardware, Device Manager and see if the device is present or yellow flagged as faulty. If flagged, uninstall it and Refresh -- at which point it may reinstall correctly.
  2. Quote:
    Check Windows Control Panel, System, Hardware, Device Manager and see if the device is present or yellow flagged as faulty. If flagged, uninstall it and Refresh -- at which point it may reinstall correctly.

I'm not sure what I am looking for as the wireless device. Under Device Manager there is a Network
    Adapter: Altheros AR8132 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)

There is also a large list of System Devices with titles like ACPI, ATI, PCI, etc.

Nothing is flagged.
  3. I checked Windows Mobility Center and it does not have a Wireless Network box in the window.
  4. Atheros is your wired connector. If there is a wireless adapter in this machine did it once work ?

If so, there are two possible issues, hardware has failed or driver issue. Go to the laptop maker's site and download a driver pack for the computer.

If that doesn't fix it, I would forget it and just go and buy a wireless adapter -- probably a USB model.
Ask a new question

Read More

Wireless eMachines Wireless Networking