Sign in with
Your question

How to turn on Wireless on Emachines E627

Last response: in Wireless Networking
August 30, 2010 6:37:50 PM

My Windows 7 Home Premium Emachines E627 Laptop Wireless mode won't work, the button switch only shows off mode. I try to go into networking and it only shows that it is in Ethernet Cable mode and can only change to dialup mode. I can't find any way to get it back to wireless mode.
It used to go back if I restarted the computer, but won't do that now.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
August 30, 2010 9:11:22 PM

Check Windows Control Panel, System, Hardware, Device Manager and see if the device is present or yellow flagged as faulty. If flagged, uninstall it and Refresh -- at which point it may reinstall correctly.
September 1, 2010 7:24:48 PM

Quote:
Check Windows Control Panel, System, Hardware, Device Manager and see if the device is present or yellow flagged as faulty. If flagged, uninstall it and Refresh -- at which point it may reinstall correctly.

I'm not sure what I am looking for as the wireless device. Under Device Manager there is a Network
Adapter: Altheros AR8132 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)

There is also a large list of System Devices with titles like ACPI, ATI, PCI, etc.

Nothing is flagged.
Related resources
September 1, 2010 7:51:58 PM

I checked Windows Mobility Center and it does not have a Wireless Network box in the window.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
September 1, 2010 9:26:29 PM

Atheros is your wired connector. If there is a wireless adapter in this machine did it once work ?

If so, there are two possible issues, hardware has failed or driver issue. Go to the laptop maker's site and download a driver pack for the computer.

If that doesn't fix it, I would forget it and just go and buy a wireless adapter -- probably a USB model.
!