Athlon 2 640 gtx 580 bottleneck

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 362816

This setup with the athlon 640 does not bottleneck ones gtx 580 at res of 1920x1080p playing bc2 at ultra settings 125 fps or more. question is if i add another gtx 580 to the setup what is going to happen?

D

Deleted member 217926

I think you will bottleneck quite a bit with 2 x 580s and a Athlon 2 640. Do you have an Sli AMD board?

D

Deleted member 362816

yes nf750-g55 msi, If there was a bottle neck what would it do. i should still get more fps with 2 then one correct example. I get 125 fps all the time no dips in velrdspardo map in bc2 i would get more right?

D

Deleted member 217926

Yeah it would still increase performance just not as much as if you had a high powered processor.

Why DO you need more than 125FPS? lol

D

Deleted member 362816

as you have seen in my other thread i sent back my p67 mobo and 2500k for refund because i dont know wnat them anymore for reasons. i would rather get a 2nd gtx 580 then get a over price i7 cpu and 1366 mobo that is slower then the 2500k lol

D

Deleted member 362816

Lol, i need to upgrade my cpu and mobo or buy anther 580 i have 500$ in store credit at newegg that expires in 2 weeks.

D

Deleted member 362816

you have posted in my other threads you know i just snet back my 2500k and sabertooth p67 i will not deal with 1155 now.

D

Deleted member 362816

no it does not. 60fps and up is lag free gaming. Even 35 and up equals lag free gaming. Its better to steady fps than have a big alternating one. That's how a lot of bottlenecks and lags happen

Once you hit over 100fps in gaming it tells you your resolution can do with bump. I would get a better monitor with a higher resolution before buying anything else

my monitor is 75 hz io was wrong but i get what you mean. what is the best amd cpu period at this moment that flawlessly overclocks the best. and the easyist.

D

Deleted member 362816

What i would honestly like to have is a perfect cpu ram mobo combo that works fast and flawless together.

D

Deleted member 217926

The Thuban does better in synthetics and multithreaded apps. OP wanted the best processor from AMD. I was just showing him what is strong where.

D

Deleted member 362816

Nothing was wrong with the 2500k cpu it was amazing. I had issues with the motherboard anyway long story short i was getting jacked around by asus and newegg so i made newegg refund me for the 2 things. I refuse to go back to 1155 because of this i never should have went to intel "damn u daddigle you convinced me to lol" Ill stick with amd, other then that i have decided to stick with my athlon 640 and msi nf750-g55 untill bulldozer comes out. Other wise i will be throwing my money away on things that were slower then my old 2500k setup.

D

Deleted member 217926

There is no way Bulldozer will be as fast as Sandy though. AMD right now is stuck at the same clock for clock as LGA 775 Core 2. Having a 965 is like having a Q9650. There is no way AMD will overcome that much of a defecit with 1 new generation. Besides Intel will release 22nm Ivy Bridge soon. Bulldozer will still be 32nm whenever it comes out. Do not get me wrong....I am no fanboy either way. But new dual core i3 2000 Sandy Bridge chips are beating 6 core Thubans in quite a few benchmarks. There is almost no reason to recommend AMD any more.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/146?vs=289

D

Deleted member 362816

convince you to what? Lol
If you want to upgrade buy a x4 if your mobo supports it then your set. but you have a 500usd credit. So make use of it. Latest architecture will benefit you in other things. x2 cpu will struggle in cpu intensive games but there's only a few of them mostly coding horrors.

If you go with a quad then your sli/cf ready. But have you seen the price difference between a 1080p LCD monitor and a 1600p LCD?

If you dont recall you were the person who conviced me to go from amd to 2500k, lol

D

Deleted member 217926

Just looking at the benchmarks should have convinced you of that! lol

jonnyboyC

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
this is pretty straight forward if your already maxing out your monitor at max settings with your current hardware....then don't buy anything else lol. Wait for games to caught to your hardware. At the very least i wouldn't upgrade personally until you get framerates below your monitors refresh rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.