ATI Radeon HD 4200 gpu overclock in bios

Timberwolf51

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
Can you over clock with intergrated graphics(on board) or not? curious,did my athlon !! x4 640 its good to go,watch kingston hyperx 8500,had problesm with it,thinking,its really 6400 over clocked,which we all know amd did years back,and screwed up Big time,i just set the memory in,clocked it at 533 mhz,and auto the rest,even the HT settings,seperated them,but this mobo,for my youngest,daughter>eyeroll they always want what every one else has,any ways,i may upgrade the mobo,till then,can you up the gpu over clock in bios? If i have to get anouther graphics card,lol wont be with this mobo,any ways,sugestions?

mister g

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
Technically if you get some modding tools yes, however that integrated chip is so weak compared to real graphics cards that even if you OC it it's not going to approach the performance of the actual card. What mobo are you using?

Timberwolf51

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
Im using which is ratty,mobo i did really want im ordering as they were out of stock,M4A785-m, its cheesy,but got around a few things,gotta watch the over clocking cpu,if you do,well i seperated the ht fsb,from the memory,which is a hyperx8500,board is not good at 1066 support,but i did it manualy@533 mhz,and got 50 mhz,with the over clock,the on board Radeon hf 4200 i got 700 mbs memory,and 775 mhz core,took it well,why i want a different mobo,actually works really good hell of a difference,but with the memory,got to be careful,few reboots,will let ya know its not floating that well,laughing im writing a program in C+,as the bios over clocking,isnt the same as accessing the actual internal commands of the clock,which are all set factory default,bios does some,voltage etc,but there is so much more,amd isnt like intel,as accessing a intel chip is much easier,But,it just takes time! my system even though this mobo kinda sucks,does excellent considering that fact alone,im now working in the registry tweaking it out,broadband is rocking,not done but its flyin man,any sugestions? go for it my friend,im not god on a computer,but if i can help any one i will,im 51 and have been doing this for 18 years,dont care any ones age etc,never too old to learn,again go for it,thanks for the email,send one any time,thats what WE are all here for,and i have a few links,if you would like,cyaaaaaaaaa have a great weekend whats left of it!!

[:isamuelson:4]

Timberwolf51

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010

Yep it is,am adding anouther one or perhaps several on my new mobo when it arrives,the chip athlon IIx4 640 was impressed,isnt a phenom,but has great possibilitys and i like challenges,but,for what its worth,this Radeon on board,isnt that bad either,YES its not a pcie 16 or any of that integrated graphics are always kinda shabby,But,i got lot more power out of it,the colors and 3D are lot better,and did the best i could with what i had,lol ratty mobo and all,when the new on gets here,Yeppers will get lot better,im on line now looking for a really bad -ss video card,im patient,and will wait till i get exactly what i want,read and research and read,too bad would have gotten the other mobo,then was out of stock,oh well,heres a few links cpuZ for what its worth,and considering the mobo,and stock fan etc,not bad,not bad at all,sugestions again are welcome,and again im not god!! cya dude,have a great weekend! :D

http://us.mc843.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=20101014222326.E93C037BA8@cpc-prod2.canardpc.com

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1431720

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1435971

mister g

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
Why are you only using 2GB of RAM? I think that if you upgrade to 4GB the system automatically diverts 512MB of RAM to the Radeon GPU(at that speed you could technically call it a good one). Just hope that the chip heatsink can diffuse all the heat, or are you using liqued cooling?

Timberwolf51

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010

Hey your a vet? yea me too,Army spec E-7 Ranger/Benning,nice heres the recent specs on my mobo,i lowered the cpu clock,some, and reduced the memory clock a hair,to be safe,might up the cpu clock some,but would need a different fan and heat sink for it,on my new mobo,will do,and might go with CORSAIR Cooling Hydro Series CWCH50-1 120mm High Performance CPU Cooler and perhaps down the road,a better cpu,some of the 6 core cpus im reading up on,and again VERY patient,till im sure of what i want,i rebuilt my whole system,850 corsair power supply,mobo,cpu,memory,heat sink and fan(dont count,was stock,bet they were like $10 lol) $400,not bad,plus got really good warrentys,what the heck!! specially the power supply can upgrade rather nicely now!!
oh sis i send the recent cpuz? here it is if i didnt,also updated all drivers,microsoft drivers were so old,like 2001 etc,so updated all the drivers mobo,and all,too recent,nothing less than 2009,which is a lot of help,still tweaking,specially my broadband,lot of good tweaks,i have tons of tweak sites,wanna trade?

mister g

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
Oh not a military veteran, Tom's just has a ranking system for forum contributors, and I'm kind of high up. Anyway I got the CPU-Z rankings and I would say the specs are impressive, but why are the RAM modules in single channel mode? Anyway good night still have to do HW tomorrow.

Timberwolf51

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010

funny i ordered more of the HyperX not sure about win 7 herd it was ratty like vista,the other mobo imgetting takes 16 gigs,of memory,gonna research it very close first,what do you think,and yes i knew this,was seeingg potential first,before adding,other things memory,and other mobo,few more video cards.will be VERY fun,upgrading my monitor,from the CRT smasung i have now is a 997DF to a LCD,reading about this as well,i take my time,and get what i think is the best solution

Timberwolf51

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010

next step i agree,liquid cooling,right on,i like corsair alot,so will give them a shot,the combo is like $80 but with new mobo worth it,and impressed with this cpu,even though not a phenom,its got some potential,lol for $100 what the heck!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Timberwolf51

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
yeppers,am doing research as of now,with a friend who is a programer,lets SEE what we can do with this 32 bit,to oh say.give it a few kicks here and there,lol,stay with me,we usually work well together,and have had sucess before with other os systems,lol,poor mr bill!!

Timberwolf51

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010

Readable stuff,ok if you say ao and mr g,yea ordered 2 more gigs of hyperX i agree,read your post,updated all the drivers,even got codecs to play dvd's on media player,kids were watchin marley kinda kwel,and yea am adding more memory for sure,not sure bout win 7 64 bit,still reading,being the case,i can add lol 10 mewgs more of hyperx kids would love it,this board sucks,but for what its worth,not bad for being so cheesy AND OH the video is doing excellent at 775mhz have a new card coming anouther ATI for the pciE16 see what happeneds then

Timberwolf51

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
Am changing out the mobo,adding a few more Graphics cards and reading up on whos got the best,for the money,,and what they offer,also have to read.if i have to stay with radeon,or can use for @ an ati,etc and i should have the power,with a 850 watt Cosair should be able to take alot more, memory and graphics cards,and already ordered the mobo,and memory,might even be brave and try windows 7(eyeroll) seeing the mobo i did getr takes alot of memory,but i think maybe half of what is spec,for the board,how ever i take my time and read,to see whats what,and documentation on it,so i can compare,any sugestions i welcome.yes your right,but was tad better than what it was orriginally,and again its learning,i like doing this and always have!

Timberwolf51

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
I got thos whole thing worked out,and read a article,which i sent a link to on one of my comments,watch the over clocking,if it starts to reboot,lower it,and what i did,was set ht on auto,over clocked a hair,like %5 or less,the memeory,i left on auto,played with amd over clock some,but for mine,dont do it,over say the cpu more than 9%,or it will crash,even with a better cpu fan/heat sink,tweaking it a little,is benificial,but am thinking,as amd has done this,if they over clocked this cpu like they did i think it was the 2200,years ago,amd is hot to begin with,why push a good thing? new mobo is comming,then,yea,will play with this alot more,but this mobo is simple,yet pretty good,i have a cpu id,which i will forward here> check it out,for a simple system,it runs fairly well!! http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1467570 :kaola: