galta

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2008
I know such thing does not exist, but I was just wondering.
All usb 3 compatible cases I've checked around have frontal connectors where the cable attaches to rear connectors of the mobo. Internal connectors all are usb 2.
With usb 3 about to become standard, is there a case that has all its connectors usb 3 compatible? If not, is there any adapter to make current solutions work in internal usb connectors?
Thanks

Solution

Your thing under your text says Seagate 500mb do you mean GB?

galta

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2008
After 4 days and 78 people checking the question, getting no answer should mean it's very difficult.
Anyway, just in case anyone has the same problem, just found what I was looking for: HAF 932 Advanced, by Cooler Master.

jb6684

Distinguished
The problem isn't with the case makers, its with the motherboards. Since there isn't a standard yet for the type & style of connector that should/will be used on the motherboard for Internal USB 3, no one builds a case that will allow cabling it to the front of the case.

The only common connector for USB 3 on the motherboard at this point is the External, rear panel one.... hence that's the one being used by case manufacturers at present.

shayparker

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2010

Your thing under your text says Seagate 500mb do you mean GB?

Solution

galta

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah, it's GB!
I've been around since 500kb was a great achievement, so sorry for the typo.
As for Asrock, they do have a front usb 3, but I don't know if they sell it separately.
Anyway, Cooler Master has the solution.
Thanks anyway.

galta

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2008

Are you sure?
As shayparker said, Asrock has internal usb 3 and HAF 932 Advanced has internal usb 3 connectors.