WOWEXEC general protection fault in KRNL386.EXE when start..

Last response: in Video Games
June 18, 2004 12:03:13 AM

A few days ago I installed winplan and everything went fine. Due to a stupid
copy mistake I messed up my winplan directory. Never mind, just deleted the
entire directory and re-installed winplan. But now when I want to launch
WINPLAN from Windows-XP I keep on getting the error message:

WOWEXEC caused a general protection fault in KRNL3386.EXE at 0001:8D80

I get the same errormessage when starting SHIPS. Anyone has a clue how to
solve this?

Thanks,
Herman
Anonymous
June 18, 2004 1:16:22 PM

Herman Boom wrote:
> A few days ago I installed winplan and everything went fine. Due to a stupid
> copy mistake I messed up my winplan directory. Never mind, just deleted the
> entire directory and re-installed winplan. But now when I want to launch
> WINPLAN from Windows-XP I keep on getting the error message:
>
> WOWEXEC caused a general protection fault in KRNL3386.EXE at 0001:8D80
>
> I get the same errormessage when starting SHIPS. Anyone has a clue how to
> solve this?

Looks like you are missing the system files within the windows\system
directory.

You can try downloading them separatly and copy them into your system
folder. One source I can offer for the download is,

http://www.rcworld.de/vgap/filedb/pafiledb.php?action=f...

Hope this helps,
Ricki

RCworld Universe
automated VGAP3 and VGAP4 Hosting at http://www.RCworld.de
Anonymous
June 18, 2004 6:53:49 PM

"> > A few days ago I installed winplan and everything went fine. Due to a
stupid
> > copy mistake I messed up my winplan directory. Never mind, just deleted
the
> > entire directory and re-installed winplan. But now when I want to launch
> > WINPLAN from Windows-XP I keep on getting the error message:
> >
> > WOWEXEC caused a general protection fault in KRNL3386.EXE at 0001:8D80
> >
> > I get the same errormessage when starting SHIPS. Anyone has a clue how
> > solve this?
>
> Looks like you are missing the system files within the windows\system
> directory.
>
> You can try downloading them separatly and copy them into your system
> folder. One source I can offer for the download is,
>
> http://www.rcworld.de/vgap/filedb/pafiledb.php?action=f...
>

> Hope this helps,
> Ricki
>
> RCworld Universe
> automated VGAP3 and VGAP4 Hosting at http://www.RCworld.de

I followed the link, downloaded the files and it works. Thanks!

- First tried to copy the files without overwrite -> did not work
- just overwrote the files that were already present in windows\system -> it
works!!

Thanks again,
Herman
!