WOWEXEC general protection fault in KRNL386.EXE when start..

A few days ago I installed winplan and everything went fine. Due to a stupid
copy mistake I messed up my winplan directory. Never mind, just deleted the
entire directory and re-installed winplan. But now when I want to launch
WINPLAN from Windows-XP I keep on getting the error message:

WOWEXEC caused a general protection fault in KRNL3386.EXE at 0001:8D80

I get the same errormessage when starting SHIPS. Anyone has a clue how to
solve this?

Thanks,
Herman
2 answers Last reply
More about wowexec general protection fault krnl386 start
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    Herman Boom wrote:
    > A few days ago I installed winplan and everything went fine. Due to a stupid
    > copy mistake I messed up my winplan directory. Never mind, just deleted the
    > entire directory and re-installed winplan. But now when I want to launch
    > WINPLAN from Windows-XP I keep on getting the error message:
    >
    > WOWEXEC caused a general protection fault in KRNL3386.EXE at 0001:8D80
    >
    > I get the same errormessage when starting SHIPS. Anyone has a clue how to
    > solve this?

    Looks like you are missing the system files within the windows\system
    directory.

    You can try downloading them separatly and copy them into your system
    folder. One source I can offer for the download is,

    http://www.rcworld.de/vgap/filedb/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=61

    Hope this helps,
    Ricki

    RCworld Universe
    automated VGAP3 and VGAP4 Hosting at http://www.RCworld.de
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    "> > A few days ago I installed winplan and everything went fine. Due to a
    stupid
    > > copy mistake I messed up my winplan directory. Never mind, just deleted
    the
    > > entire directory and re-installed winplan. But now when I want to launch
    > > WINPLAN from Windows-XP I keep on getting the error message:
    > >
    > > WOWEXEC caused a general protection fault in KRNL3386.EXE at 0001:8D80
    > >
    > > I get the same errormessage when starting SHIPS. Anyone has a clue how
    > > solve this?
    >
    > Looks like you are missing the system files within the windows\system
    > directory.
    >
    > You can try downloading them separatly and copy them into your system
    > folder. One source I can offer for the download is,
    >
    > http://www.rcworld.de/vgap/filedb/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=61
    >

    > Hope this helps,
    > Ricki
    >
    > RCworld Universe
    > automated VGAP3 and VGAP4 Hosting at http://www.RCworld.de

    I followed the link, downloaded the files and it works. Thanks!

    - First tried to copy the files without overwrite -> did not work
    - just overwrote the files that were already present in windows\system -> it
    works!!

    Thanks again,
    Herman

Video Games