2 weeks to go in the VGAP4 New Races Survey

OK I've been away from this group for a while, but in catching up I get the
distinct impression that v4 is being seriously "hyped" on this v3 discussion
group.

Personally - I tried it and hate it - v3 rules!

--
It's all about Vanguard.

"Olly Harlow" <crayons@twoflower.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> OK!
> You now have 2 weeks remaining to send in your votes. There are 15 votes
> in - so far - thanks guys! I think 2 of the votes are from v3 players -
> which is encouraging!
>
> I'm not going to give away any results - but I will say that "patterns"
are
> emerging.
>
> Cheers
> --
> Oliver Harlow

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/vgap4_stuff/pollingbooth/3rdpartyvote.htm

Hmmn - I guess you're right - it does look that way. That is not my personal
intent. I don't actually play either game as yet.
I just do graphics stuff for v4 new races - and so - being relatively
"neutral" in both communities - I volunteered to run this survey.

It only seemed polite and proper that I include the v3 community - if
they're interested?

After all - v4 _is_ being developed - so some of you may want to have some
influence on which way it goes. So expression of your opinions about these
new races would be of value to the development of that game. That's all.

I'm certainly not trying to "sell" v4 to any of you guys! I doubt I could if
I tried! 8) I certainly don't get a "percentage"!!!

Cheers
--
Olly

"CODB Dad" wrote

> wrote in message news:sNvCc.31628$Nz.1585732@news20.bellglobal.com...
> OK I've been away from this group for a while, but in catching up I get
the
> distinct impression that v4 is being seriously "hyped" on this v3
discussion
> group.
>
> Personally - I tried it and hate it - v3 rules!
>
> --
> It's all about Vanguard.
>

> "Olly Harlow" <crayons@twoflower.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> > OK!
> > You now have 2 weeks remaining to send in your votes. There are 15 votes
> > in - so far - thanks guys! I think 2 of the votes are from v3 players -
> > which is encouraging!
> >
> > I'm not going to give away any results - but I will say that "patterns"
> are
> > emerging.
> >
> > Cheers
> > --
> > Oliver Harlow

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/vgap4_stuff/pollingbooth/3rdpartyvote.htm

> It only seemed polite and proper that I include the v3 community - if
> they're interested?

I realy appreciate it, that Olly "informed" the v3 community about his
contest. I never played v4 and i never look into the v4 newsgroup, but
i have had a view glances at several races that are presented in his
contest. I enjoyed the reading. One gets an impresion about how
flexible v4 is, with many races putting emphasis on different things.
For me it seems it still is way too complex. And those 2 or 3 threads
about v4 stuff dont annoy me at all. On the contrary, i think to post
about the contest is a well justified exception to post v4 stuff in
this newsgroup. As long as the v4 people dont start to flood us v3ers
with their articles everthing is fine with me.

Thank you, Kolgar.

It isn't so much a "contest" as a Survey. I've watched New Race ideas appear
and disappear in the v4 domain over the last year or so. There was once a
"Tribble Liberation Front" - sadly it vanished! 8)

It's not entirely clear when (or even IF) these races will get their chance
to get included in the game - but the creators are "concerned" I guess 8).
So I volunteered to do this survey. Primarily because, although many of the
race ideas have been reviewed "individually" on the v4 NG, there does not
seem to have been a comparative survey.

Regarding the v3 vs. v4 issues. I guess Tim would "like" you guys to spend
more money and migrate to v4 ( and make him rich!!!!) - me? - I don't much
care either way! 8) I just do free stuff. However - since v4 is a
"development" of v3 and some of you "may" be inclined to migrate - I think
you should have your "say" in such a survey.

The survey's "intent" is _not_ really to focus on details like
numbers/balance/stats - it's mainly targeted at "concepts/ideas". A badly
balanced "idea" could still be a good concept - if just a few "numbers" are
changed? It's also possible that it could be ruined by such changes - I
guess.

Anyway - if you are interested - we are interested - in your opinions. Some
of the candidate races are just "ideas" - some are "complete".

I like v4 because it IS still in development - and so I get to do lots of
piccies of ships! A whole new hobby was created for me and it's been a real
load of fun!

Cheers
--
Olly