Ram wont run in duo-channel

theamazingpinoy

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2011
My RAM won't duo channel in slot 1 and 3 anymore, and I don't know why. I had it in slot 1 and 3 before, and it worked perfectly for a long time. I know your suppose to put it in the colored coordinated slots, but when I do, it seems slower and its running at 65% doing nothing. If I try and put the RAM in slot 1 and 3, when I turn on the computer, it starts, but the monitor, mouse, and keyboard don't turn on. The ram will only work in slot 1 and 2, and 1 and 4. I also tried reseting CMOS and unplugging the power, but nothing worked. Anyone know any solutions to my issue?

RAM: Corsair XM3 DDR3 4GB
MOBO: MSI 870A-G54

Run memtest86+ on each stick individually to verify that each stick is good. You should get NO errors on at least a full pass.

If you have a good stick, test it in each of the ram slots to verify that all the slots are good.

Ultimately, do what the motherboard manual says as to where to install two sticks. And test again with memtest86+.

A last possibility is to check for any motherboard bios updates that might address your problem.
DO NOT update the bios if it will not likely fix the problem. A failed bios update can permanently brick your motherboard.