Ultra X4 PSU - 5 pin peripheral cable connector identification.

not2yy

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2010
I have a new Ultra X4 1200 watt PSU. I want to make my own power cables for a new build. Getting the pins out of the 5 conductor peripheral power supply cables is no easy business and I would just like to purchase new connectors. Does anyone know the make and model numbers of the these 5 pin connectors?

Solution
I don't know why I dint think of it sooner, but there are several MODULAR PSUs, at newegg, that have (sell?) harnesses that are not permanently connected to the PSU ... You might be able to purchase a variety of harnesses to suit your needs (piecemeal).

Here is one example ... at least one of these links should work ...
... LOOK AT THE PRETTY PICTURES (the last one, anyway)...

Alvin Smith

Distinguished
Take the PSU to your local network supplier ... or ...

Call CDW or ARROW Electronics (industrial suppliers) on the phone ... TALK to them.

... ALSO ...

Local salvage depots ... We have a GoodWill Industries Computer Recycle Center, here, in Austin.

not2yy

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2010

The good folks at Jameco.com have supplied the answer. Their service was GREAT!

The connector is a Molex 4.20mm (.165") pitch Mini-Fit Jr Receptacle 5557 Single Row.
Molex part number 39-01-4050

Alvin Smith

Distinguished
Oh, brudder !

... A simple mini-molex floppy-drive power connector was all you wuz lookin for ?

would run under $3 ... Sometime under a dollar Available at ANY store that sells computers and parts.

... You made it sound all complicated !

.. well ... you have what you need and the rest is no big deal ... our time is worth WAY more than "whatever" the material cost.

= rotza-ruck ! =

not2yy

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2010

Yep, that's the one I need.

I'm 70 years old, retired many years, and have as much time as I have until they put me in my box!

Thanks for your efforts, I really appreciate it.