Sign in with
Your question

AsRock P67 extreme4 gen3 Dr Debug A3/A6

Last response: in Motherboards
November 12, 2011 7:40:54 PM

Ok, I've been running my new PC for about a week or so now and there is still a small problem that is beginning to haunt my dreams at night. My board posts fine without an issues, goes right into Bios without any problems except Dr Debug shows code A3. This code is IDE enable and for whatever reason the board defaults to that storage type for me but when you go in and change it Dr Debug switches to error code A6 which is SCSI enable. This seems to be a pretty rare issue with this board as there is very little information on the net about it. Most of the info on the net suggests that the error codes are related to GPU which if that's true makes Dr Debug kind of off target.

I've been running my system the entire time without any issues. I was able to install windows fine and everything is running smotthly. I did have one graphics card driver crash but I've been doing a pretty significant amount of gaming and the card has worked fine other than that one time.

Anyone have any ideas? I would really hate to have to send the board back for an RMA over something like this but having those codes pop up do kind of annoy me.

I've cleared CMOS and done some other basic trouble shooting that you guys have suggested. I guess I could unseat everything and clear CMOS again but I did do that while I was buildling several times and didn't have anything different.

I would really appreciate some help!
November 13, 2011 6:18:50 PM

Acebeans said:
Ok, I've been running my new PC for about a week or so now and there is still a small problem that is beginning to haunt my dreams at night. My board posts fine without an issues, goes right into Bios without any problems except Dr Debug shows code A3. This code is IDE enable and for whatever reason the board defaults to that storage type for me but when you go in and change it Dr Debug switches to error code A6 which is SCSI enable. This seems to be a pretty rare issue with this board as there is very little information on the net about it. Most of the info on the net suggests that the error codes are related to GPU which if that's true makes Dr Debug kind of off target.

I've been running my system the entire time without any issues. I was able to install windows fine and everything is running smotthly. I did have one graphics card driver crash but I've been doing a pretty significant amount of gaming and the card has worked fine other than that one time.

Anyone have any ideas? I would really hate to have to send the board back for an RMA over something like this but having those codes pop up do kind of annoy me.

I've cleared CMOS and done some other basic trouble shooting that you guys have suggested. I guess I could unseat everything and clear CMOS again but I did do that while I was buildling several times and didn't have anything different.

I would really appreciate some help!

Im also getting the A6 debug code, bios runs fine, waiting for my windows in the mail, have had 0 luck on finding any info on it. If windows installs fine I guess Ill just ignore it. But Im still gonna keep looking for a solution.
m
l
November 13, 2011 10:49:45 PM

What video card are you running?

The limited amount of information I've sound suggests it could be related to the GPU but I haven't had any real issues.
m
l
Related resources
November 14, 2011 10:56:18 AM

HIS H679F1GD Radeon HD 6790 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Installed quick and easy.

This is my first build here is what I went with:

ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
Intel Core i3-2105 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz
HIS H679F1GD Radeon HD 6790 1GB 256-bit GDDR5
CORSAIR Vengeance Low Profile 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
Corsair Professional Series 650-Watt 80 Plus Certified

*Gonna throw another 8GB of RAM into it when I get it up and running.

Only other thing I noticed is the Bios doesnt always pick up my HDD. Im hoping when my windows 7 shows up today all will be good. I picked up a used one on ebay cause the prices right now are crazy stupid.

Goodluck, I sent a message to asrock tech, see if I ever hear back. If so Ill post it here.
m
l
November 14, 2011 7:00:12 PM

Antiquity said:
HIS H679F1GD Radeon HD 6790 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Installed quick and easy.

This is my first build here is what I went with:

ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
Intel Core i3-2105 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz
HIS H679F1GD Radeon HD 6790 1GB 256-bit GDDR5
CORSAIR Vengeance Low Profile 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
Corsair Professional Series 650-Watt 80 Plus Certified

*Gonna throw another 8GB of RAM into it when I get it up and running.

Only other thing I noticed is the Bios doesnt always pick up my HDD. Im hoping when my windows 7 shows up today all will be good. I picked up a used one on ebay cause the prices right now are crazy stupid.

Goodluck, I sent a message to asrock tech, see if I ever hear back. If so Ill post it here.

I sent a message to asrock tech was well just today, apparently they don't have a customer service #.

Here's my build:
I5 2500k
ASUS 560 ti
G Skill Ripjaw 8 gb
Corsair TX750

But yeah, I'm still getting A6 code. My bios hasn't had any issues with picking up my HDD so I don't think that's the issue on my end. My GPU drivers have crashed a couple times, I'm going to pull an old 9800 GT out of an old rig of mine and see if that happens to be causing a problem.

Let me know what you find out and I'll do the same.
m
l
November 14, 2011 10:35:51 PM

Replaced the hdd with a new one I went out and purchased and it seems to have fixed the problem.

Anyway heres asrock's response:

Hi,

Sorry about the issue you are having. A6 code is unknown code.

o Please try the steps below:

o Remove the mainboard from inside computer to outside. You can place the mainboard on empty mainboard box
o Things to connect on mainboard is CPU, CPU cooler, video card, 1 HD (with O/S), and 1 memory module only system header (PW switch, reset switch)
o once you have barebones system setup go to the bios, and load the default setting by press F9 and save exit out the bios.
o Try to duplicate the problem you had before.
o Keep us update see if the type of set up resolve your restart issue. If problem resolve please insert the hardware back one by one.

For memory:
o Remove all the memory sticks modules out.

o Insert 1 memory module only with proper dram voltage that require with ram, (DRAM voltage)

o Adjust the DRAM freq as well, save and exit out the bios.

Im guessing its nothing to worry about. Doesnt seem to affect my performance so far.
m
l
April 12, 2012 3:13:53 PM

I just installed the P67 Extreme4 Gen3 motherboard to replace a bad Asus motherboard. The system seems to post fine but gets stuck on the device list screen. None of the keys listed do anything. DEL, F1, F2, or F11. I have tried pressing each key repeatedly as soon as the keyboard lights up.

The device list does show it recognizes the CPU (i7-2600 at 3.40GHz, 1 Keyboard, 1 Mouse, 5 mass storage devices, and 3 hubs. It also shows my OCZ-Vertex3 SSD as my Primary Master-0 and one of my Barracuda 2Tb drives as the Sec Master.

The Dr Debug LED shows an A3. All fans spin up fine. I hear no beeps but I am hard of hearing. I wear hearing aids so I basically stuck my head in my case while booting to see if I heard anything and didn't.

I have a Corsair HX-850 psu, 2 x Sapphire HD 6970's with 2Gb installed (I'm driving a 3 monitor array) and I do get a display on the large center monitor. I have 4 x 8Gb G.Skill Ripjaws installed and all 32Gb is detected.

Tried pressing the Clr CMOS button on the back and then continuously pressing the DEL key but that didn't do anything either. I have no idea what the problem is but if no keys do anything I can't get into the setup.

Any ideas?
m
l
April 12, 2012 5:30:02 PM

pickupcash said:
I just installed the P67 Extreme4 Gen3 motherboard to replace a bad Asus motherboard. The system seems to post fine but gets stuck on the device list screen. None of the keys listed do anything. DEL, F1, F2, or F11. I have tried pressing each key repeatedly as soon as the keyboard lights up.

The device list does show it recognizes the CPU (i7-2600 at 3.40GHz, 1 Keyboard, 1 Mouse, 5 mass storage devices, and 3 hubs. It also shows my OCZ-Vertex3 SSD as my Primary Master-0 and one of my Barracuda 2Tb drives as the Sec Master.

The Dr Debug LED shows an A3. All fans spin up fine. I hear no beeps but I am hard of hearing. I wear hearing aids so I basically stuck my head in my case while booting to see if I heard anything and didn't.

I have a Corsair HX-850 psu, 2 x Sapphire HD 6970's with 2Gb installed (I'm driving a 3 monitor array) and I do get a display on the large center monitor. I have 4 x 8Gb G.Skill Ripjaws installed and all 32Gb is detected.

Tried pressing the Clr CMOS button on the back and then continuously pressing the DEL key but that didn't do anything either. I have no idea what the problem is but if no keys do anything I can't get into the setup.

Any ideas?

What do you mean it gets stuck? You can't get past the Bios screen? Have you installed Windows or it won't even let you do that? How is your keyboard connected through the USB or ps2? Maybe try a different keyboard.
m
l
April 12, 2012 5:51:11 PM

Acebeans said:
What do you mean it gets stuck? You can't get past the Bios screen? Have you installed Windows or it won't even let you do that? How is your keyboard connected through the USB or ps2? Maybe try a different keyboard.

Yes, this system already had the OS and everything else installed. Just had to replace a Asus motherboard that fried.

It's interesting that you just asked about the keyboard connection because I did try that and that was the problem. I hooked up an old Dell USB keyboard. My regular keyboard is a Logitech G510 gaming keyboard. I was just looking through the forum and found that other people have had the same problem. Although the keyboard lights up, the system isn't detecting it until Windows loads and the Windows drivers are loaded for it.

This P67 Extreme4 Gen3 motherboard is fairly new but that doesn't give ASrock a good excuse. Apparently some other ASrock mobo owners got a beta BIOS upgrade from ASrock that fixed the problem. So I guess they released this mobo with the problem still in the BIOS. Has something to do with plug-n-play detection of keyboard and mouse but that's all I know. Will contact ASrock tech support and see if they can help me.

And the A3 Dr Debug error went away after I setup the BIOS and boot devices, by the way.
m
l
January 9, 2013 1:22:43 AM

I've heard some people saying the A6 error is related to the Virtu Lucid driver that comes with the Asrock boards in this line. According to them, after uninstalling that driver, the error code never returned. They did say that they never reinstalled the driver though.
m
l
January 17, 2013 4:33:40 AM

My system ran stable for over a year with the A6 Dr Debug every time I would boot up. This past week I finally ran into issues. Long story short the sata ports starting failing on the motherboard both the intel and marvell. Not sure if it is related to the original A6 code or not but I just had to RMA the board.
m
l
!