Sign in with
Your question

Need some help getting upgrades.

Last response: in Systems
December 12, 2010 6:04:17 PM

I desided that I will be crossfiring the new 6950 card's when they come out, or if the benchmarks are not that impressive, 6850's.

I want to keep my cpu and case and power supply and my ram as well so I need to figure out what motherboard I will need that will work with the following...

Money is tight so if you could pick good performance/cost components that would help.

CPU: AMD Phenom 920 2.8ghz
ram: Patriot 1066 ddr2

motherboard will have to be able to crossfire.

my powersupply is only 580 watts not sure if taht's enought or if it has the right connectors so if someone could suggest a good psu for this also I would be thankfull.

case is an antac 900 (not sure if the video cards will fit in this or not)

More about : upgrades

December 12, 2010 6:06:13 PM

kevmachine said:
I desided that I will be crossfiring the new 6950 card's when they come out, or if the benchmarks are not that impressive, 6850's.

I want to keep my cpu and case and power supply and my ram as well so I need to figure out what motherboard I will need that will work with the following...

Money is tight so if you could pick good performance/cost components that would help.

CPU: AMD Phenom 920 2.8ghz
ram: Patriot 1066 ddr2

motherboard will have to be able to crossfire.

my powersupply is only 580 watts not sure if taht's enought or if it has the right connectors so if someone could suggest a good psu for this also I would be thankfull.

case is an antac 900 (not sure if the video cards will fit in this or not)

Would this motherboard work?
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...
m
l
December 12, 2010 6:06:29 PM

That would work - for HD 6850CF i would look at a 650W 80+ PSU
m
l
December 12, 2010 6:12:09 PM

Orion 585W ATX Gamer's Power Supply with 2 - 12V Rails Ultra Quiet .

This is my current PSU I guess it's no good fo what I plan?

another thing im worried about is that the 2 pci express slots look far away and the HIS 6850's seem to only come with a short bridge. anyone know if it will reach or is it just me being paranoid?
m
l
!