Sign in with
Your question
Solved

5.1 with Realtek

Last response: in Components
March 9, 2011 3:54:01 AM

So I just purchased the Logitech x-540 5.1 speakers and have them hooked up to my Windows 7 computer. When I go into the control panel and configure them through windows, everything works fine. But when playing music and videos, my subwoofer is basically non-existent, and it seems the 5 speakers are just playing what the sub should be playing.

I went into Realtek's software and tested each speaker and when I test the subwoofer, it was coming out of the center speaker. I have checked all the jacks and they are connected correctly. I tested a different cord for the sub/center and the same thing occurs. Not sure why when testing in Windows own configuration the sub works fine, yet doesn't with Realtek.

I also updated Realtek drivers to the latest version and nothing has changed. Any ideas?

More about : realtek

March 9, 2011 11:03:49 AM

Odd. On PC audio, the Sub/Center speaker come out of the same connector, so it almost sounds like the channels are being flipped for some reason...

You have an option anywhere to flip the center/sub channel around anywhere in the Realtek control panel?
m
l
March 9, 2011 4:45:02 PM

gamerk316 said:
Odd. On PC audio, the Sub/Center speaker come out of the same connector, so it almost sounds like the channels are being flipped for some reason...

You have an option anywhere to flip the center/sub channel around anywhere in the Realtek control panel?

Yeah there is an option to flip the center/sub but there is no difference when it is in use. I have tried it with 5.1 in realtek using center/sub/rear, and 7.1 and disabling the side speakers, and it still occurs.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

March 9, 2011 6:32:47 PM

So, even if you flip the sub/center channel via Realtek control panel, your not getting the sub?

Very odd indeed. Might be a driver bug or something...try a different driver and see if that helps.

Quote:
Pc sharing channels so its actually a 4.1 or 2.1 output

Its still 5.1. Front Left, Front Right, Side Left, Side Right, Center, Sub.
March 16, 2011 12:28:28 AM

gamerk316 said:
So, even if you flip the sub/center channel via Realtek control panel, your not getting the sub?

Very odd indeed. Might be a driver bug or something...try a different driver and see if that helps.

Quote:
Pc sharing channels so its actually a 4.1 or 2.1 output

Its still 5.1. Front Left, Front Right, Side Left, Side Right, Center, Sub.

Yeah I think I'm going to chalk it up to poor drivers. I tried multiple versions, all with the same issue.

I bought a cheap Creative Audigy card and with unofficial daniel k drivers, I can actually feel the subwoofer now. :bounce: 
m
l
March 16, 2011 12:28:44 AM

Best answer selected by fpoama.
m
l
!