Local Area Netwrok and internet

anilohri

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2010
Hello,
I bouht 3 Dell Vostro cpmputers. I have internet coming through router and going to Linksys switch through ethernet cable. 3 computers are also conncetd by ethenet (Cat 5) cable to switch. I have fixed IP address for computers. I have printer attached to on eof the computers. If Internet does not work on computer(attcahed pribnter), it also loses local area network connectionto other 2 computers. Internet is still working on other 2 computers. I am frustrated as it happend often that if internet does not work on computer, it also loses connection to other 2. How can I solve this proble. I had DELL desktops earlier and never had a problem like this.

any help in fixing this will be appreciated.

lotussama

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2006
It sounds like you may be having a problem with the NIC on one computer. You should try reinstalling the drivers for it from Dell's website. If that doesn't take care of it, try an add-on NIC.

anilohri

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2010

Is Problem with NIC on the computer that has attached printer or could be on any of 3.

mgw828

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2010
Could be a port forwarding issue with the router as well. May need to manually configure the router to the printers MAC Address in order for it to connect.