Dell Inspiron 8000 battery and keyboard problem

Hello,

hope anybody can help me.
I have an Dell Inspiron 8000 Laptop.
When I connect the battery to my laptop, my input devices working
sporadical. The Mouse hangs and if I want to type something, some keys
must be hit two or three times.
By separating the battery from the laptop, everything works fine.

Thanks in front for your help,

Stefan
7 answers Last reply
More about dell inspiron 8000 battery keyboard problem

    Dell provides a bootable Ressource CD with every Laptop- firstly you should
    run these diagnostics before asking..

    "S. Platz" <splatz@uni-muenster.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Hello,
    >
    > hope anybody can help me.
    > I have an Dell Inspiron 8000 Laptop.
    > When I connect the battery to my laptop, my input devices working
    > sporadical. The Mouse hangs and if I want to type something, some keys
    > must be hit two or three times.
    > By separating the battery from the laptop, everything works fine.
    >
    > Thanks in front for your help,
    >
    > Stefan

    OK, I don´t have this CD. I´ll try to get one.

    Thanks,

    Stefan

    Steven Kraus schrieb:
    > Dell provides a bootable Ressource CD with every Laptop- firstly you should
    > run these diagnostics before asking..
    >
    > "S. Platz" <splatz@uni-muenster.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >
    >>Hello,
    >>
    >>hope anybody can help me.
    >>I have an Dell Inspiron 8000 Laptop.
    >>When I connect the battery to my laptop, my input devices working
    >>sporadical. The Mouse hangs and if I want to type something, some keys
    >>must be hit two or three times.
    >>By separating the battery from the laptop, everything works fine.
    >>
    >>Thanks in front for your help,
    >>
    >>Stefan

    Oh in this case try the provided link:
    http://support.euro.dell.com/de/de/filelib/index.aspx?sid=LAT_PNT_PM_D505&cat=13&os=WW1&dev=3841&devlib=13&fileid=R76924&file=100710&p=FTP

    here you will be able to download the diagnostics.
    You have to click "Ich stimme zu".
    The files provided are working in DOS. You will need to boot in DOS however,
    for this is not bootable. Easy think would be to insert an old Win98 CD and
    then to run the Delldiag.exe

    Ask for more help if you need.

    > OK, I don´t have this CD. I´ll try to get one.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Stefan
    >

    > Steven Kraus schrieb:
    >> Dell provides a bootable Ressource CD with every Laptop- firstly you
    >> should run these diagnostics before asking..
    >>
    >> "S. Platz" <splatz@uni-muenster.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >>
    >>>Hello,
    >>>
    >>>hope anybody can help me.
    >>>I have an Dell Inspiron 8000 Laptop.
    >>>When I connect the battery to my laptop, my input devices working
    >>>sporadical. The Mouse hangs and if I want to type something, some keys
    >>>must be hit two or three times.
    >>>By separating the battery from the laptop, everything works fine.
    >>>
    >>>Thanks in front for your help,
    >>>
    >>>Stefan

    Thanks, I´ll try it !

    > Oh in this case try the provided link:
    > http://support.euro.dell.com/de/de/filelib/index.aspx?sid=LAT_PNT_PM_D505&cat=13&os=WW1&dev=3841&devlib=13&fileid=R76924&file=100710&p=FTP
    >
    > here you will be able to download the diagnostics.
    > You have to click "Ich stimme zu".
    > The files provided are working in DOS. You will need to boot in DOS however,
    > for this is not bootable. Easy think would be to insert an old Win98 CD and
    > then to run the Delldiag.exe
    >
    > Ask for more help if you need.
    >

    > "S. Platz" <splatz@uni-muenster.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >
    >>OK, I donŽt have this CD. IŽll try to get one.
    >>
    >>Thanks,
    >>
    >>Stefan
    >>

    >>Steven Kraus schrieb:
    >>
    >>>Dell provides a bootable Ressource CD with every Laptop- firstly you
    >>>should run these diagnostics before asking..
    >>>
    >>>"S. Platz" <splatz@uni-muenster.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    Did anything happen? Any error code?

    No, no Error Code. I´ll try a new Battery.

    Andreas Hopp schrieb:
    > Did anything happen? Any error code?

    Oh no, new battery, same problem.
    There aooears a new attribute, when I connect the battery and disconnect
    the power plug, everything runs normally.

Laptops Battery Dell Inspiron