Sign in with
Your question

Dell XPS 630I

Last response: in Motherboards
November 13, 2011 6:10:17 AM

Hello,

I have a Dell XPS 630I, I've been thinking about changing out the motherboard, processor, and the ram. I've been playing the new games thats been coming out and its seems extremely slugish in some of these new games. It just doesn't seem to have the same performance as it used to when i first purchased it. I installed Windows 7 in hopes that it was just vista bogging my comp down. But it still seems to be having issues with the new games. So I already put a Nvidia geforce 550 ti in it, and now i'm thinking about upgrading the rest. What are your guys thoughts on this?

Before i go and drop the money i was also wondering if Dell sets their stuff up to where i cant upgrade it? I know alot of their stuff is proprietary, I'm worried that im goign to run into this on this computer.

Thanks for the information,

Jacob G.

More about : dell xps 630i

a c 435 V Motherboard
November 13, 2011 6:25:42 AM

I recommend this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... board with the 2500K series 1155 retail box cpu. I also recommend you get four 4 gb ram sticks if you find them on sale. I paid $70 for my gskill, and frys has some corsair 1600 16 gb for $60 after rebate, but it's in stores only. Microcenter had 8 gb for only $9.99 after rebate, but I'm sure it's sold out by now. I wouldn't pay a premium for high performance ram; it's not worth the money. Your dell ps is 750 watts, so try it with the new board if it has all the connectors you need, and the dell case is nice enough to reuse.
m
l
November 14, 2011 3:48:47 PM

As someone who is a novice at anything computer hardware how hard would it be for me to change out my Motherboard on my XPS 630I with the
Quote:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6813130582
m
l
Related resources
November 14, 2011 3:55:50 PM

It really isn't that hard to do. Theres plenty of tutorials all over the internet showing you step by step on what to do.
m
l
July 3, 2012 6:42:04 PM

Hopefully one of you are still watching this post. I want to upgrade my 630i. Can you tell we what you ended up using and whether or not you ran into any problems?

Ideally I'd like to upgrade to an i7 to make sure I have plenty of power for CS5. I don't really play any games. I don't have any problem swapping out computer parts, but I don't yet have enough knowledge to know what components will or won't go together.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
m
l
!