After sinking a few bucks into my PC and looking at the summer brown-outs around the corner, I'm thinking I better get a hold of a UPS.

My specs are in my signature. I have a 950W PSU and my system uses between 700 and 800W while gaming.

I'm looking for a UPS with a replaceable battery.

What wattage should I go for? Is there anything in particular I should look for while shopping?

Solution
CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD
I have the older version which doesn't feature the active PFC sine-wave correction.
It's a very good unit nonetheless and i'm sure this newer improved version is well worth it.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/apc-smt1500-cyberpower-cp1500pfclcd-tripp-lite-smart1500slt,2785.html
I get a solid 45min of back-up time on my main unit .
Not too concerned with that though, like yourself i want protection from power interruptions which have happened half a dozen times since i purchased my unit.
CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD
I have the older version which doesn't feature the active PFC sine-wave correction.
It's a very good unit nonetheless and i'm sure this newer improved version is well worth it.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/apc-smt1500-cyberpower-cp1500pfclcd-tripp-lite-smart1500slt,2785.html
I get a solid 45min of back-up time on my main unit .
Not too concerned with that though, like yourself i want protection from power interruptions which have happened half a dozen times since i purchased my unit.

Solution

Davcon - I picked one up last night and it's pretty much plug and play. Attach the PC and monitor and plug it in. Boot up, install the UPS software and connect the USB. I have it set to the default where it will shut down the PC if it's running on batteries for 5 minutes since this thing is in sleep mode when I'm not around it.

I didn't want to spend the $400 for the industrial strength 1000w+ units and my PC pretty much peaks around 750W anyhow. I sent a message to CyberpowerSystems support asking the same question and they gave me the same answer you did. In order to guarantee a UPS will work on battery power with power supplies using active Power Factor Correction (PFC), you have to get into adaptive sine-wave (affordable with the Cyberpower Systems PFCLCD series) or sine-wave (very pricey) models or the power supply in the PC will recognize a power problem and cease functioning.

So far, it's working fine. Thanks for the advice. It's always reassuring to hear the same advice from different sources.

Nice dude! i shopped around when i bought mine and Cyberpower offered the best price andd features.
I have mine set-up the same way you have as well.
I wish i had the newer model but i'm not too worried for the amount of times it's actually switched on.(maybe 6 times in 1yr).
99% of the time it was for 1 sec or less.
Difference with my unit is the psu will make a buzzing noise once the ups kicks in.Step sine wave.
My unit.which is identical sans the adaptative sine wave.
CP1500AVRLCD
http://www.cyberpowersystems.com/products/ups-systems/intelligent-lcd-ups/CP1500AVRLCD.html
Funny thing on this forum though is you'll get all sorts of guys posting about how bad my unit is for the psu.
Guys with their rigs plugged into a Dollar store power bar or the wall lol!

Ha! I know what you mean.

Thanks again!