Pink Case for my Wife's Rig

dissembled

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2006
I am going to start building a new machine for my wife and one of her only requests other than "Make it fast", is that she get a cutsie girly case. I think her definition of that means that it be pink. I'm not so sure it needs to be 100% gaudy, Barbie doll pink, but she's definitely looking for some pink accents at the least.

My budget is $75 and I got an Antec300 for my machine which I like a lot, but I can't find where they offer and additional colors other than black. Any of you guys have any suggestions on a solid, mid tower, mid range case that might fit this bill?

3Btech has a chieftec FC-8 black and pink case for $27.99 shipped (power supply extra). It's a basic case. There is also an apevia-x gamers case with pink trim for around $82 listed at buyxg.com. The best deal was a cooler master elite 310 solid pink with 420w ps for around $50 at frys, if you have any store nearby, but they may be sold out.

jdouglas

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
My girlfriend wanted the same thing when we built her machine a few weeks ago. We were unable to find a case that she found acceptable in a girlie color.

We ended up picking up a Cooler Master 690ii with the window. We removed the 2 silver rails and added a 2nd top fan and ziptied a 2nd fan under neath the dvd drive. And replaced all of the fans with Purple led fans, I linked at the bottome of the post. We also added purple led light bars to the case to give it a real nice purple glow.

She was amazed at how girlie it was when it was done. Shes also a gamer chick so I guess it wouldnt be girlie to some...

XIGMATEK Cooling System Crystal Series CLF-F1455 Purple LED Case Fan

Maybe a 300 with Pink led fans and such?

selas

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
This is sort of off-topic...
I don't think the pink=women, blue=men stereotype still applies. I would look instead for clean-cut cases, but better yet... ask her what she has in mind... might prove more useful in the long run :)

Directron has a mini tower that might fit the build for $9.99

directron_2149_2913856486