busterbunny

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2009
Hi there,

as part of my new system (first time I'll be building my own, after 30 years of having computers at home!... about time), I've bought a Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty. I would really like to exploit this card to its full capacity, but I'm not sure I *really* want a 5.1 sound system.

What would be good speakers for this kind of card? I would like it to be under 200$, but if it's really amazing, I can look further than that. I've looked through this forum and many review sites, and many recommend Logitech G51. It's unfortunately not available anymore. The Z-5500 seems a little expensive, since I'm not sure I'll be using the 5.1 capability too much.

My QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Bose headphones are great, and I'll be using them most of the times, hence why I'm not looking into something too expensive either.

busterbunny

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2009
Don't you have a home theatre with thumping speakers? Hook it up via analog with the home theatre system. Use its amp to pull the speakers for you. You can still use the headset.

I do have a good home theater system, but my computer room will be in the basement (I'm moving in 2 weeks), and the home theater is on the main floor.

(or perhaps I'm missing your point here. English isn't my first language).

theokus

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2011

Have look at Roland, Quad or Cakewalk...

or this one:

http://www.cambridgeaudio.com/default.php

heres a few tip's,

you dont need to use computer speakers, just use normal hi-fi/surround system amp/speakers.

all those fancy brand "computer speakers" are not worth the money, a decent set of 2.1 logitech speakers is better and cheaper. Logitech are the best value for money and their products are consistently good quality and reliable.