Sign in with
Your question

Computer will not POST(CPU_LED and DRAM lights Are Red on Motherboard

Last response: in Systems
December 13, 2010 12:31:29 AM

Hello Everyone,

I just want to start out by saying that I have read the new building troubleshooting guide multiple times and it has helped me.

My problem first started when I pushed the power button on the case, the computer would not POST. The lights on the CPU_LED and DRAM were red(not blinking but continuous).

I read the troubleshooting guide and realized that I hadn't plugged in the 4 pin CPU power connector, after I did that, the computer booted and asked me to push 1 or 2 to continue. Well my keyboard was not working, so I tried to plug it back in and restart. After restarting though, the computer was having the same problem again, the CPU_LED light and DRAM lights were back on and continuously red. I tried replugging in the CPU power connector on the motherboard to no avail.

All of my fans are running(2 case, graphics card, cpu). There are no other lights on except the green PSU light on the MoBo and the blue led lights on the case. The DVD/CD Burner opens when I push the open button the case.

I am going crazy and cannot figure out what the problem is.

This is my first build so any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

My computer specs:

Antec 300 case
Intel i7 950 Processor
EVGA 470 superclocked GFX card
Corasir TX 650 Watt Power Supply
Sabertooth X58 LGA Motherboard
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 6.0GB/s Hard Drive
CD/DVD Burner Samsung 22X
Corsair XMS3 6GB DDR3-1333 CL9 Triple Channel RAM (3X2 GB Sticks)

If you need any additional information, please let me know.

Thanks again!
December 14, 2010 5:04:44 PM

If you have read through the troubleshooting guide, I assume you have all power connections connected and have tried removing everything except the CPU and HSF, gradually adding components back in to diagnose the problem.

If this is true, you might have a bad piece of hardware. Do you have another working computer you can test things with?
m
l
!