Fujitsu siemens branded ms 7304 CPU upgrade advice needed!!!

thephenom696

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2011
Hello !

I have a fujitsu branded MS-7304 and its with the AM2+ 940 socket and i wanted to upgrade the CPU to sth like AMD 1100T. (it should be backwards compatible)

But the problem is that i dont think Fujitsu siemens has the bios update for AM3 usage (ive searched)
SO, could i just use the MSI ms- 7304 bios update or not?

btw im running RAID0 using AMD option utility 2008, could the bios update mess up and make the HDD's unusable?

and if i cant use AM3, what cpu can i possibly upgrade to? Does my Mobo even support any different CPU?

thanks! :)

No. Your windows installation may be tied to a bios string in the motherboard, or you may end up with a dead board if the flash is successful. I would sell the board/cpu/ram as a combo deal and start over with low end am3 boards and ddr3 so cheap. My 8 gb kit of ddr3 was only $23.50 after rebate.

thephenom696

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2011

Thanks for the reply :)

but how could i know what cpus are compatible with my Motherboard since its branded? :O

That's my point. You can try any cpu you want, but if it doesn't work, you'll end up changing boards anyway. The dual core regor am3 might work since it's only 65 watts, but the quads start at 95 watts, so they won't run. Most of the oem am2 boards I've seen have a limit of 89 watts for the cpu. Trying the regor won't hurt anything, but by starting over, you can use a quad instead if that's what you really want. I found a phenom II 945 95w quad on craigslist in my area for only $75 today.

thephenom696

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2011

actually im having a quad core Agena right now

but thanks for help :)