Using a 22" with two 17"s in eyefinity

x13killer

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2010
Hay. I just picked up an ASUS 5850 and am very happy with the performance. Now, I want to use eyefinity. simple enough right?

The current setup i have is a dual monitor setup with one 22" and a 17" and instead of getting two more 22" monitors, Im thinking about saving some money and getting just one more 17" monitor. has anybody used an eyefinity setup with a 22" and two 17" monitors? if so, would you recommend it? also, and yes i know this has been asked a million times but, which adapter should i get for the display port to vga problem?

Thanks.

snoogiloo

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2010
As mister g said a passive VGA adapter will work.

Using 22"+2x 17" aint something i would do tbh since it will just be anoying to have the 2 other screens alot lower than the middle screen.

Sure its probably just a thing that u have to get used to but it still wont be nearly as good as 3x of the same size. i would keep saving, i mean 2x BenQ 22" monitors aint that expensive!

snoogiloo

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2010

As we noted b4, when u use VGA u dont need a Active adapter.
Active adapters are used if u want to use HDMI or DVI

x13killer

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2010
Ok cool. I am making a deal with one of my friends to trade my monitors and $30 so i can get both of his lenovo 19" monitors. Ive seen some 19" setups on youtube and they look pretty decent. and as long as any passive dp to vga works then im all set. Thanks. :D :D :D

snoogiloo

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2010

I dont know if ALL VGA adapters work since i havnt looked into it that well since VGA wasnt an option for me.

If i remember right there was a list somewhere on ATI´s website with different adapters that was tested. will see if i can find it :)

EDIT:
http://support.amd.com/us/eyefinity/Pages/eyefinity-dongles.aspx

there u got it :) Note that this is only the tested ones, that doesnt mean that this is the only ones thats working :)
A tip would be to just google it and see if u can get a link to a adapter that other people have used and is available in your country.