Mar 9, 2011
Hello All

I am new to all of this overclock stuff. My Specs are

Intel Core i7 920
Gigabye X58 USB3
Corsair DDR3 1600
Samsung 1TB
OCZ 600W PSU

I am not looking to go to like 4.0 ghz on my CPU. something small ike 3.2 or maybe a little higher. I no nothing about going into the BIOS and would be nice to have a step by step guid on how to do this. Any help??

Solution
I had the same problem as you a couple years ago. People gave me stupid guides that didn't help or that were incredibly long and didnt tell me what i wanted to know. and a lot of people told me "If you don't know how to do it you shouldn't try"

it's really simple. while starting your computer you need to go into bios. usually by pressing f8 or f10 during startup. once you get in bios you need to look around for "front speed bus" or "FSB" settings. when you raise the fsb number you will see the current CPU speed and the one after the clock difference. to start only change the FSB speed by a hundred or close to that, just to see what you're dealing with. Then before you hit f10 to save and restart, check your voltages. voltages make...

opexx

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2010
I had the same problem as you a couple years ago. People gave me stupid guides that didn't help or that were incredibly long and didnt tell me what i wanted to know. and a lot of people told me "If you don't know how to do it you shouldn't try"

it's really simple. while starting your computer you need to go into bios. usually by pressing f8 or f10 during startup. once you get in bios you need to look around for "front speed bus" or "FSB" settings. when you raise the fsb number you will see the current CPU speed and the one after the clock difference. to start only change the FSB speed by a hundred or close to that, just to see what you're dealing with. Then before you hit f10 to save and restart, check your voltages. voltages make a big difference. although if you only raise the speed a tiny bit you won't need to worry about voltage. if you restart and get a long *BEEEEEEEEEEEP* and then a restart, that means you either a) need a voltage change or b) your ram can't support it (you have corsair ddr3 ram you shouldn't have to worry about it.)

if you need any more help or clarification let me know.

Solution