The processor fan doesnt respond while booting & the system turn off? what i

saf_198

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
when i start a pc after 2/3 minutes the cpu fan stop responding & the system is shut down immediately???.... What is the problem??
My system configuration is: motherboard- simtronics-G-31E(W), processor pentium-D 3GHZ, 1GB Dynet DDR2 ram...

Solution
Sounds like the fan is shot or it could be gunked up with dust and such. The PC is probably shutting down because it is overheating, i.e. if the fan isn't running, the CPU is not staying cool enough to run within its thermal design.

Remove the case plate to take a look at the fan. If it is gunked up, get a can of air and clean it off. If that doesn't solve the issue, you'll probably need a new fan.
Sounds like the fan is shot or it could be gunked up with dust and such. The PC is probably shutting down because it is overheating, i.e. if the fan isn't running, the CPU is not staying cool enough to run within its thermal design.

Remove the case plate to take a look at the fan. If it is gunked up, get a can of air and clean it off. If that doesn't solve the issue, you'll probably need a new fan.

Solution