Your question

MSI P67A-GD53 Board Wont Boot With 2x4gb (8GB) Ram

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Boot
  • MSI
Last response: in Motherboards
November 14, 2011 1:44:04 AM

I have the MSI P67A-GD53 board with 2 x 4 gb of RipJawG.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL

and intel i5 sandybridge installed on a windows 7 64bit client with all driver bios / MB updates. the funny thing is the system will post then boot with just 1 4gb stick installed , but if i install both sticks it begins to boot and then everything just cuts out??

ive tried both sticks on there own and in different slots and it boots fine. I also did a The CPU-Z Memory Tab and the screenshots look to be perfect???

is there any settings i need to do to make this work???

RIG:
I5 @2500k Intel Pro
coolmaster elite 430 case
Msi p67a-gd53
2x4gb gskill ripjaw ram
ati Radeon hd5770 flex 1gb ddr5 ram
500psu icute moduler psu
nec optical drive
spinpoint 1tb hdd

More about : msi p67a gd53 board wont boot 2x4gb 8gb ram

a b V Motherboard
November 14, 2011 5:28:45 AM

install all the memory, put the windows 7 disk in the drive, start the computer, select "upgrade" if the disk can run without starting normal windows.
In upgrade, the new hardware is recognized and properly configured to run. This will not erase personal files or programs.
I think your problem is that the hardware is not configured. Running a repair install of the OS as above, the hardware is configured...without erasing the drive and starting over.
November 14, 2011 1:36:54 PM

Thanks for the reply , I found another way of making it work, I booted into windows with just 1 stick of 4gb ram logged in to my desktop screen and the manually inserted the second stick, I then restarted the PC and when it booted again it said "there has been hardware changes ,press F1 to keep or press F2 to enter BIOS "

Strange , although there is not much of a difference performance wise with the second stick
!