harly2

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2007
Just got home from a long shift at work to find that my CPU is under constant load. I keep a clean computer I just can't find the issue. I do not seem to have any virus's or malware. Can anyone help.

Windows 7 64 bit
Dell Studio XPS 1645
I7 720

Really frustrated, it is definitely hurting performance

D

Deleted member 362816

crtl,alt,delete go to task manager process's tell me how many sv host there are or what is taking up the most % of the cpu it will show.

D

Deleted member 362816

If MSMPENG.EXE is constantly consuming excessive memory and CPU, there is a conflict on your PC with another process or service. I would recommend disabling all startup items via MSCONFIG. If the problem goes away, enable startup items one at a time until the conflict is identified. You can also contact support for assistance.

There has been no single item identified that causes the MSMPENG CPU problem. This problem was very high in v1.5, but was mostly resolved in v1.6 and v2.0. There may still be some lingering conflicts that need to be identified.

D

Deleted member 362816

If you need anymore help pm me or post here ill be happy to help you get this fixed.

D

Deleted member 362816

Usally that has somthing to do with msn live features you need to disable start up programs untill you find it, or uninstall msn items and see if this fixes it.

harly2

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2007
I have a service pack installing that must have came out while I was away, could have a fix in there for it, I will reactivate the service after updates are complete to see if the issue arises again

D

Deleted member 362816

Yeah the service pack could have installed a msn program but then again that might not be is this is trail and error here at least right now i lead you to the way you can temp fix it.