LIAN LI PC-7FNWX - Where is it????

flong

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2010
Hey everyone,

I was interested in finding reviews on the LIAN LI PC-7FNWX case but only could find one at Kit Guru on an older version and Newegg doesn't even sell it - it has been "deactivated." Amazon also has limited sellers. Some other on-line retailers do carry it.

What is the deal with Lian-li? It has limited availability, you can't find a mainstream review on them and yet many owners swear by them for their high quality.

Can someone explain to me what is going on with Lian-li. Are they as good as some people say? I have also heard that their quality has gone down in the last few years. What is the inside truth on their cases? I have also heard some complaints that their aluminum cases are too "thin," and a flimsy.

Do some of you know the Lian-li history?

Also I have questions on the LIAN LI PC-7FNWX:

1: How good is the stock air cooling on it
2. Do the power and reset buttons function cleanly - there have been complaints that they get stuck
3. How quiet is the case - does it function quietly when it has been built out
4. Is the build quality as good as some owners claim?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

flong

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2010
Hi, thanks for your reply.

1. In general 2600K CPU, ATI 6950 GPU, Vertex 3 (when it comes out), Asus mobo.
However, I am interested in how the case would perform in high stress situations. That is why I would like to find a professional review like from someone on Tom's Hardware or OC, etc.

2. Some owners of the case have reported this problem

3. Quiet is general considered in the 30 dba range or less

4. Is there a problem with the cases "flexing"

flong

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2010
Thanks for your response cia24. The LIAN LI PC-7FNWX is a new case for Lian Li and so that is why I was interested in it. Funny, many owners of Lian Li and some reviews of their cases by professionals (like Tom's Hardware) have given their cases glowing reviews. They are said to be high quality, precision made, clean and well thought out. Certainly they are up to date as they are already equipped with USB 3.0. Interestingly there are also a set of negative reviews of Lian Li saying the the cases are too thin and missing quality. It is hard to sort out which is correct or if they both are correct.

D

Deleted member 362816

I have never seen a bad lian li case. In any case the more you spend the better it is going to be. Mabye they cut corners trying to keep up with the other cheap cases on the market so people are going to give them bad reviews. This isnt really fair most good lian li cases are 200$ and up so mabye they are judgeing the 60$ case from that.

pyromace

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010
The "LIAN LI PC-7FNWX" was withdrew by several sellers on ebay uk listings recently as I was going to purchase one! and I wrote to a stockist why they have been removed from sale and they replied - "Yes the supplier withdrew them." :non:

Now I love Lian Li's design and materials used but the execution isn't always great like rust on the inside of the threads of the motherboard standoffs also various machine marks and imperfections i.e. the feet had many little blemishes on them? This was on my HTPC case - Lian Li PC-C60B and first one I RMA but the second was same sorta story!!! Shame :pfff:

£145 case mehhhhh, My £65 CM storm scout was fresh and faultless so why can't Lian Li do this? :eek:

rufus_22

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
I have a lian li full tower that Im preparing to start a build with . The build quality is first rate . Its 100% aluminium , big , solid and well built . The bigest argument ( that I'll agree with ) is that there rather consevative looking . There lancool series was an intentional compramize in quality for cost with some " gamer " inspired accents to appeal to that market . To that end they used steel and plastic in those models and is fair to say that some of the QC went out the window . My case arrived in flawless condition but I have heard that there customer support is all but non-existant . Hope this helps :)

pyromace

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B005FYK7H2/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

^ a review on amazon on the problems I ran into!!! :cry:

rufus_22

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
Ya it sounds like the qc on the production line is lacking there . To be fair most of the gripes are minimal in the grand scheme of things but I can say for certain they would have bothered me as well . I can say ( happily ) that I had no problems with my case . I dont know if the level of qc is related to specific models or if it's just in a state of decline or what . The later would be sad as quality and minimalist design has been there calling card for some time .. happy hunting :)

pyromace

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010

Thanks, Yeah I agree I think these QC issues are only on certain lines and/or models at least I hope so! Yeah I would hate to see a case market without Lian Li I am a massive fan for the same reasons, quality and minimalist design!!! I am still going to get the "Lian Li PC-7FNWX" :sol: I just find it very odd that a bunch of Lian Li models have been withdrew on all UK ebay sellers :( Thanks for your view... :)