Over heating!

Hello,
I just built a new Pc..
Amd Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition(C3)-Not Overclocked.
Asus M4A89GTD Mobo
4GB RAM
aTi Radeon 5670 Graphic Card
Cooler Master Elite 360 Cabinet(only stock fan running)

My problem is, the computer's idle temperature is about 42'C...When I play Flyff(3d game,2 clients open) the temperature goes to about 68'C and I start hearing an additional noise from some fan.....My room temperature is about 30'C average(Can be higher)....Should I get additional fans?? Should I move my Pc to my bedroom(where I have my split AC)?? Does the stock heatsink come with a thermal paste already or should i buy some compound ?? Please help I'm worried...!!
13 answers Last reply
More about over heating
  1. Ok

1st, where in the world do you live, for room temps of 30C ?

2nd, Yes install all additional fans in Case.

3rd, Buy a good quality after market cooler for your CPU. (yes the stock cooler does come with thermal compound pre-applied)

4th, That extra fan you can hear, is the fan on your GPU trying to keep it cool.
  2. Don't worry, be happy! 68c won't hurt anything. If you want to change to a better heatsink, there are plenty that will work better than stock. The hiper 212 by cooler master is a good value if you have the room in your case. My htpc is not high enough to fit this heatsink, but yours may.
  3. @Uther
    I live in Chennai, India. Summer is just starting. April-May temp will go upto 40'C or more.
    You mean I should install all the fans which are compatible with this cabinet? Wont the noise become too much? I hate noise.
    Should I immediately change my cooler? I mean i don't think i can pull in some more cash at the moment. Oh the GPU's fan starts functioning vigorously ? When I heard that noise, the Cpu usage was about 68%, I was running a 3d game with 2 clients open, i.e the game opened twice...Now will changing the pc to an air conditioned room help?

@o1die
    I read in a few sites..that my processor idles at around 32 or so and doesn't touch 60 even on max load....Moreover, the max temp of my processor is 62'C right??!

I am extremely worried, spent a lot of hard earned money on this pc. :-S
  4. 68 for a amd system is pretty good lol.
  5. But 62'C is the maximum allowed i thought? And i don't know if it was exactly 68....The cpu usage was 68....Temp would have been higher....Let me check exactly.!
  6. Sure, usage is going to be high in games ya know.
  7. Okay so I actually rechecked everything. I ran my 3d game(2 clients open) Cpu usage was 70%.Cpu Temperature was 55'C, Cpu fans were clocking 4.3k rpm at an avg, GPU 45% usage and motherboard 48'C. My room temperature is a minimum of 30'C...So, my question is, should i try and shift my PC to my room(where I have an Air conditioner) or should I invest in a new cooler,additional fans?? My Cpu idles at about 42'C. What should I do now??
  8. Those temps are not that bad.....
  9. But people with the same processor report a 32'C Idle temp......

Okay so I have a doubt. I will shift my PC to an AC room very soon, so cpu temp will reduce a bit.

Now if i fit in additional fans, is it going to help? I mean, wont installing fans mean more noise? I don't intend to change to any after market cooler as of now, i am going to keep stock. But does installing 1 or 2 fans and shifting to AC room actually help???
  10. Used as Tower:
    Top: 120 mm fan x 1 or 90 / 80 mm fan x 1 (included)
    Bottom: 80 mm fan x 1 (optional)
    Left Side: 120 / 90 / 80 mm fan x 1 (optional)
    Right Side: 80x80x15 mm fan x 2 (optional)

Used as Desktop:
    Right Side: 120 mm fan x 1 or 90 / 80 mm fan x 1 (included)
    Left Side: 80 mm fan x 1 (optional)
    Top: 120 / 90 / 80 mm fan x 1 (optional)
    Bottom: 80x80x15 mm fan x 2 (optional

You definitely need a 120mm fan as an intake since i'll assume the included fan is an exhaust at the moment.
  11. @Davcon
    I didn't really understand what you were trying to tell....
    Anyways, I use my Cpu Vertically. There's a fan on top already I think. I use Cooler Master Elite 360 Cabinet. Now, for the time being I can afford to buy an additional fan. Which fan should I buy and where should I slot it? I don't like noise, so I prefer a nice silent fan which does the cooling nicely!!
    Also, shifting my pc from the current 30'C room temp to a AC room with room temp of about 22'C is going to help right????
  12. abhirox said:
    @Davcon
    I didn't really understand what you were trying to tell....
    Anyways, I use my Cpu Vertically. There's a fan on top already I think. I use Cooler Master Elite 360 Cabinet. Now, for the time being I can afford to buy an additional fan. Which fan should I buy and where should I slot it? I don't like noise, so I prefer a nice silent fan which does the cooling nicely!!
    Also, shifting my pc from the current 30'C room temp to a AC room with room temp of about 22'C is going to help right????

That post is copy and paste directly from CoolerMaster for the Elite 360 fan configuration.
    Not explicit enough for you!
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Temperature