Mother Board Question

migg13

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
I hope this is the right sub forum to post this in and if it isn't I apologize in advance.

I have a custom built rig that has these components: (I am not overclocked)

-AMD Phenom 9950 Agena 2.6GHz Socket AM2+ 125W Quad-Core Black Edition Processor

-GIGABYTE GA-MA770-UD3 AM2+/AM2 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard

-SAPPHIRE 100265HDMI Radeon HD 4830 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

- 8 gigs OCZ Reaper HPC 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066

-Running Windows 7 64 bit

I have had this computer since the summer of 2009 (so A little more than 2 years) and have never had an issue more or less. I installed a Dynex sd card reader then booted my computer up. All of a sudden was displaying "No DVI Signal", so I tried VGA and HDMI to no avail. After turning the computer on and off a couple times I removed my ram, unplugged all the cables, and put everything back together. The computer booted up fine.

I assumed something was wrong still even though it is not running at what seems to be capacity. So I tried converting and burning a DVD, but my computer Blue Screened. Tried a second time computer blue screened again. After this I got MemTest free version. I tested my ram running four instances of MemTest, allocating about 1.5 gigs a piece. Each instance got an error less than 20 minutes or like 50% test.

I began trouble shooting and started testing each stick of ram as suggested with MemTest. First I tested using 4 instances of MemTest at 250 MB a piece and the test failed early. So I used on instance of MemTest on one stick of ram and it seemed ok, but failed at about 500% or an hour or so into the test. Each stick failed pretty much immediately using four instances and failed after 1.5 hours using one instance. I also did this using another Ram slot than initially used.

My question is what is this diagnoses telling me? Right now I'm on my computer and have had no issues other than the one with the DVD. I built my computer, but would say I am not very savvy when it comes to the in's and out's of this stuff. Thanks for any help in advanced!

Ocz often has more problems than other ram. You should be able to rma it to ocz and get it replaced. Dvd's can also fail at any time, so these issues may be unrelated. Before replacing the dvd, I would try another burn program. Several are free.