Board Posts but no bios/display

rtizzletrybizzl

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2011
the psu itself was replaced in jan of this year. What i mean is that the computer posts, the fans and heatsink work, the power led is lit but i never get to the asus boot screen or any display at all

nordlead

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011
the ASUS p5n-e uses the Award BIOS. This is what I found on the web

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Award states that they now only use one beep from there BIOS. This beep is one long beep and then two short beeps. This indicates a graphics card problem. Any other beeps should be treated as a RAM problem first and then the board sent in to be inspected.

The reason that the Award BIOS only uses the beep code for display problems is that it tries to display the error on-screen if at all possible. If the BIOS cannot initiate the display adapter then this causes the BIOS to make the beep code for a display error, which must be corrected before any other errors can be determined. Memory Test fails and hard disk failures etc will all be displayed on screen.

However people do say that they know what some codes mean some codes that I believe can be trusted are some while in operation. Consult the table below.
Beep Code Error
1 Long 2 Short Video Card Error - Either re-seat or replace video card
Repeating beeps Memory Error - Memory is either damaged or badly seated
Repeating Hi/Low Beeps Damaged or Overheating CPU
Hi Frequency Beeps Overheating CPU

In the case of a overheating CPU, shut down the computer immediately and let the CPU cool. Then check the CPU heatsink and fan to make sure its working properly and then check that the airflow in the case is adequate. If the problem persists then consider purchasing a new and more powerful fan for your CPU.

rtizzletrybizzl

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2011
Thanks guys, I tried resetting the gpu (I had did it for the ram and the mobo pin connections and now I have visual. Now I just need to figure out why it keeps resetting. The last time I try to increase the overclock!