Sign in with
Your question

How do I flash the BIOS of the Acer Aspire One AOA110

Last response: in Motherboards
November 14, 2011 5:20:16 PM

I've followed many of the guides that I could find, but I can't flash the BIOS

My original problem was that the fan wouldn't work and it would turn off after about a minute. So I tried flashing the BIOS, and it turned off halfway through, so the BIOS was corrupt

The fan is working again, but now I can't flash it. When I try to do it, the memory stick flashes once, showing that it's being used, but then stops instantly. Other people who have done it have said that it's supposed to keep flashing

What do I do?
a c 435 V Motherboard
November 14, 2011 5:28:00 PM

You're lucky your board still works. Unless you're trying to change cpus, don't flash it again. There's no good reason to flash unless a new cpu won't work. If you have the atom cpu, then it's not upgradable. http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/netbook/0000/Acer/Asp...
November 14, 2011 5:31:42 PM

o1die said:
You're lucky your board still works. Unless you're trying to change cpus, don't flash it again. There's no good reason to flash unless a new cpu won't work.

What am I supposed to do then? All I have is a lovely black screen
Related resources
a c 435 V Motherboard
November 14, 2011 5:35:46 PM

All you can do now is reset the bios. Remove the board battery with the ps unplugged, then reinstall. If the board won't post, then you'll need a new board or you might be able to use this website: http://biosman.com/. Newegg has had some atom boards with cpu for $38 shipped as open box recently, but I don't know if they will offer any more. Acer will charge too much for a new board. If you haven't touched any components inside, and your system is still under warranty, contact acer about getting a replacement board. Just say it won't post; don't go into the details.
a b V Motherboard
November 14, 2011 5:51:58 PM

Oh boy. Yes, all you can do now is reset and hope, if that don't do it, you will need a new motherboard. Never attempt to flash a BIOS unless you are absolutely 100% sure you know what you are doing, because if you botch it, you end up with a dead motherboard. That is why we suggest that not flash your BIOS unless you are having an issue, and the new BIOS was specifically written with a fix for your problem. If not, updating is completely pointless.
!