Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Networking in LAN network??

Last response: in Networking
June 6, 2010 10:21:38 AM

Hello,
I want to transfer the data from one computer to another. How could I use the router to connect these two computers.

More about : networking lan network

June 6, 2010 6:25:49 PM

sandeepganduri said:
Hello,
I want to transfer the data from one computer to another. How could I use the router to connect these two computers.

?Simple ethernet cables of the type of which at least one should have come with the router will do the trick.

m
l
June 7, 2010 3:10:50 PM

If you have a router with a built in switch (typical home router) then plug them in, enable file sharing, and that's it. They will need to have dhcp enabled and be on the same subnet. If you want more specific info, post up more about your configuration (router, PCs, etc. operating system) and specific questions.
m
l
Related resources
June 7, 2010 6:46:34 PM

Hiii gtvr.....

Thank you for your kindly reply. Now let me explain what was my real problem. I have a wireless sensor system. i want to acquire the data from the system from a remote station. All the sensors data are transferred to the radio and from the radio the data will transfer to Gateway. So, Here the problem. To transfer the data from the Gateway to the remote stations, So what are the different techniques we can follow up. How the router play its role here to transfer the data. and please tell me clearly where the router to be connected. And what are the different techniques to get the data from Gateway (with router or without router).
Thanking you... Waiting for your response.

Regards.
Sandeep
M.Tech student
IIT Kharagpur
INDIA.
m
l
June 7, 2010 6:46:55 PM

Hiii Saga.....

Thank you for your kindly reply. Now let me explain what was my real problem. I have a wireless sensor system. i want to acquire the data from the system from a remote station. All the sensors data are transferred to the radio and from the radio the data will transfer to Gateway. So, Here the problem. To transfer the data from the Gateway to the remote stations, So what are the different techniques we can follow up. How the router play its role here to transfer the data. and please tell me clearly where the router to be connected. And what are the different techniques to get the data from Gateway (with router or without router).
Thanking you... Waiting for your response.

Regards.
Sandeep
M.Tech student
IIT Kharagpur
INDIA.
m
l
June 13, 2010 6:22:34 AM

Hii Saga....
I am unable to view your reply. plzz send me the link...otherwise this is my mail id: sandeepganduri@hotmail.co.uk
send mail to this Mail ID.
m
l
June 13, 2010 6:37:44 AM

sandeepganduri said:
Hii Saga....
I am unable to view your reply. plzz send me the link...otherwise this is my mail id: sandeepganduri@hotmail.co.uk
send mail to this Mail ID.

[#0005ff]I haven't replied, Sandeep, because I don't have anything to contribute. As I said in my reply to your PM, you get the best results by keeping the advice on the Boards rather than in PMs because there are more people here to help you.

I'm sure someone will understand the problem and contribute something soon.
[/#000ff]

m
l
June 13, 2010 11:49:42 PM

Your question is sort of like "I have some stuff to transfer data. Please explain the concept of networking". It's too broad. Generally, you can plug your computer or other network devices into an ethernet switch. What other devices you have, what protocols or software they use, why you would or wouldn't use a router in that situation, we have no idea. I assume you know SOMETHING about networking, if you are a technology student. You need to figure out something specific to ask, or give us more info about what you are looking for.
m
l
June 14, 2010 5:42:26 PM

I have a wireless sensor system. So.. The data from my sensors is transfers like this:: sensors to Base radio and Base radio to Gate way. So, I have to connect this gateway to PC and as well as Ethernet port. So.. for this i want to use Router as a medium to connect PC and ethernet cable and Gateway. So... please mention what router does here..... And Give me some clear idea about routers. (I am very poor in computer and networking basics. and even iam very new too.. So plzz help me..if any other details you want i'll give you.. And you can mail me personally at shrideepdeepshri@gmail.com)
m
l

Best solution

June 14, 2010 10:57:10 PM
June 15, 2010 2:39:28 AM

Most 'sensor' systems have SNMP built in. Look at the manual for your device is this is the case.

You only need a router if you're planning to transfer the data across multiple networks.. are you sure a switch isn't all you need?
m
l
June 15, 2010 4:38:58 PM

Best answer selected by sandeepganduri.
m
l
June 15, 2010 4:41:28 PM

Hii...

I have one more conflict. What type of router i could select. What are the router specifications. How to select the router specifications.
m
l
!