Webcam advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikec

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2004

I'm looking to purchase a webcam but I'm having a really hard time finding
any sites that have lots of reviews so I know what I'm purchasing. Any
ideas?

Hi

You can try doing a search for 'webcam reviews' but I think Creative
webcams are a good bet. You can check out their site.

Gary Hendricks
www.basic-digital-photography.com

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 22:29:10 -0600, "MikeC" <someone@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I'm looking to purchase a webcam but I'm having a really hard time finding
>any sites that have lots of reviews so I know what I'm purchasing. Any
>ideas?

If you want quality images, get a webcam with a CCD (not CMOS, found
in most cheap webcams). CCD gives you much better low light
capability, which, for webcams in dimly lit rooms, is essential!

I believe the QuickCam Pro 4000 is one of these. And the venerable
(but discontinued) 3Com HomeConnect cam (and optional lens
attachments!) can still be found on eBay most days.

--DIZZLE