Sign in with
Your question

HTPC, Win7 Media Center, Hauppauge HVR2250, Harmony One

Last response: in Systems
December 14, 2010 12:47:51 AM

I was wondering if anyone might have experience or knowledge of this problem that I'm having. I built an HTPC (link) and then I decided to get a Harmony One remote. My problem is that I thought the Hauppauge HVR-2250 tuner card which has an IR would pick up the remote signal and work with Windows Media Center. So far that hasn't been the case. The system knows the IR is there on the tuner card, and I have tried many configurations of the Harmony One including the config for HVR-2250. Yet nothing works. I really think I'm just missing something, but I can't figure it out. Any ideas?
a b B Homebuilt system
December 14, 2010 12:34:34 PM

Try something like Add Device -> Computer -> Media Center PC on your remote. Look for an utility in the tuner's CD for configuring the IR for the Media Center.
December 14, 2010 1:09:47 PM

I've tried several different configurations for the Harmony One including the one you suggested. The CD that came with the Hauppauge tuner didn't have anything except the drivers and what it calls the CIR config tool. That doesn't do anything except identify the IR receiver and associate it with WMC. What's puzzling is that I feel like that should work. Yet I've done it over and over using different setups for the remote and none of them respond. It's very frustrating.
December 21, 2010 12:33:59 PM

Did some troubleshooting this weekend. I believe the Hauppauge card is the problem. I got a separate IR, and the remote now interacts with the HTPC.
!