mr_fruitbowl

Distinguished
May 7, 2010
Can someone explain to me profiles with the CCC?

I've installed the new update but there's no profiles included, yet it mentions profiles in the documentation.

Do I download profiles from external sites? Do they overclock the card? Or are they like additional drivers?

I don't know if you can download profiles - they are system specific to the system components installed. They can be used to OC or underclock the card(s).

Most of us create our own profiles, starting with the default settings. In CCC, you can go to "ATI Overdrive," unlock it, and have CCC Autotune your GPU(s). Save that as your Autotune OC. After that, you'll learn that not all the autotune OC settings are stable on all games, so for some games you may have reduce the speeds to avoid artifacts - then you can save those settings as the profile for that game.

mr_fruitbowl

Distinguished
May 7, 2010

I have a single 5970 and downloaded the profile from that link. Yet I still can't see any profiles in the CCC. Any ideas? Do I have to load profiles to make sure the 5970 is working properly?

notty22

Distinguished
Install those crossfire profiles in to your system, your not going to see that physically.
Those profiles in ccc are for clock speeds in 2d/3d situations. Possible quality settings that someone might switch to, if they move to a tv in some situations.
Its not game profiles, like Nvidia has in their control panel.

mr_fruitbowl

Distinguished
May 7, 2010

Thanks alot! First time with ATI :)

deweycd

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2005
Profiles for ATI are one of the things I don't like about Crossfire, it doesn't allow you to select the one you think will give you the best results. It would be nice to play and tweek every now and then.

into9rod

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2009
for example i have 2 x 7770 in crossfire , if i wanted to just run a game , do i have to create a profile for specific game or it won't work in crossfire?