Rig beeps for post, doesn't display any bios info, then boots windows

motownj5

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2011
Ok this is the weirdest thing I've ever seen. I should start by saying that I've been chasing down multiple problems lately. Here's the rig: Asus P6T, Intel core i7 920 oc'd to 3.3 ghz, 24 gb g skill ram, 2x EVGA GTX 560 Ti, 2 500 gb seagates raid0, and 1x 1.5 TB seagate (Storage, non raid). I recently had a dead cmos battery that took me a little while to figure out, but I replaced that, but that ended up not solving my original problem, which was occasional random shut down and hit or miss restarts. I did some more digging and think I got that figured out, I believe one of the front usb ports was shorting my case. It's only been a couple hours but it seems to be working. However I updated my bios and think I've given myself a whole new problem. The first reboot was fine and I oc'd to my usual level (3.3 Ghz), set my ram timings, and switched around my hard drive configurations and boot order (have to do this with every cmos reset and apparently that goes for upgrades as well). However after playing Skyrim for about an hour my computer froze and restarted. No bios or post screen came up, but after about 10 seconds the windows start screen came up. I tried to restart and go into bios but get no visual during post/bios, but once windows loads everything is just fine. I'm not sure if my oc caused my computer to freeze the first time (it's quite possible, I left the voltage on auto) but I haven't been able to change my settings since I have no visuals in bios/post. I'm afraid to reset my cmos because I don't know what might happen since I can't see any info outside of windows.

motownj5

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2011
Ok so if anyone else is suffering from this problem I was able to fix mine. I have 3 screens set up for 3d Surround, my middle and left screens are plugged into my 1st video card, and the right screen is plugged into the second card. My second card for some reason was not seated correctl

motownj5

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2011
Ok so if anyone else is suffering from this problem I was able to fix mine. I have 3 screens set up for 3d Surround, my middle and left screens are plugged into my 1st video card, and the right screen is plugged into the second card. My second card for some reason was not seated correctl